Old 05-24-2009, 01:30 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,804 Times in 722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
So what are the odds that someone besides Innova and Discraft will make a splash in the making of discs? Seems to me that most other companies either are small pickens or let one of the two make the discs for them. The Gremlin sounds like a disc I would like, but I think I would rather have an Innova stamp on it than some other random company that Innova molds discs for.
Compared to Innova, everyone in disc golf (including Discraft) is small pickings. Discraft makes more money selling Ultimate discs than all of their golf discs combined. I've heard estimates that Innova holds up to 90% of the disc golf market. They are the gorilla at the dinner table.

Latitude 64 has some really good discs out. They are an independent company with unique molds. The Riot is like a Wraith with less glide. The Striker is as close to a TeeBird as I've thrown. The Opto plastic is great. Their discs are worth a look, if you can get over the fact they are based in Sweden.

Latitude 64

Considering you are in LA (Innova central) I doubt you see much other than Innova. I live in GDS central, but you still see five Innova discs for every disc from another manufacturer here.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2009, 01:58 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

the texas boys do pretty good down here but im not sure how they sell elsewhere, i think the biggest thing to getting big boy sells is getting yourself on the menu at wanna of the big box stores.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy

Latitude is great...I have been trying to say that for a few days now.

I like trying other brands and in fact, my normal game does not include any innova discs right now.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:39 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 54 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
The Gremlin is the disc that won't die.

It is a slightly overstable midrange with a driver-like design. Think more stable Panther. It's really fast for a midrange and pretty long, so it's almost a fairway driver. We first saw the Gremlin as the 2nd generation Ching Sniper. When the Sniper went away, it showed up in the Innova line-up as the Gremlin. Sales were slow, so it ended up in the CFR program. Now, it is going back into regular production, only as the Discmania GM (Greater Midrange.)
In a slight bit of irony, the Innova abbreviation on the Gremlin was GM.

In another bit of irony, the flight numbers the Gremlin used to have are the same numbers the current Cro has. It seems they have updated the numbers for the GM. Go figure.

Anyway, there is a loyal following for the Proline Gremlins, so those sell for big bucks. The CFR Champ Gremlins are fairly popular with the Gremlin crazies as well. The CFR Star Gremlins are a beadless Gremlin L and not as stable as the Champ. They are not so popular.
Bored and felt a need to necro-bump because I love the beadless S-line GM I have and find it is a swiss army knife of a disc that can do it all for me.

Niced: (1)