Old 08-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 33
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Wisconsin DGers

If you have every played Token Creek in Southern Wisconsin please help us out.

The Dane County Parks Department is considering the development of additional disc golf course facilities, another Token Creek championship level course. They've created a list of questions for park patrons to help them better understand user needs and desired components of future disc golf areas that may be developed.

Please take a moment to fill out the questionnaire. When finished, you may email this document to:dane-parks@co.dane.wi.us

Or mail your comments to:
Dane County Parks
1 Fen Oak Court, Room 234
Madison, WI 53718

Disc Golf Survey (Adobe Acrobat Format)
Disc Golf Survey (Microsoft Word Format)

Thanks for your help

If you are unfamiliar with the Dane County parks in the area that could have a awesome course here is a list of my favorites:
Brigham Park
Stewart Lake Park
Donald Park
Badger Prairie Park

Kipp
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 138
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My prayers have been answered!!! A nice DG course in West Madison!! I just hope it is harder than token creek. More hevily wooded, narrower fairways, more unique holes, and more water dangit, more like North Valley or Bryant Lake in twin cities, but with more water.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 69
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can we really consider Madison as part of Wisconsin? ;-)
(from a Milwaukee-ean)
Old 08-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lol. I'll give you that. But especially considering that Madison IS the the Berkeley of the Midwest, why is is so sparse on courses?

I thought hippies liked DG, what gives?

Some courses in the parks around the lakes could be sweeeeeeeeet!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, what did everyone else who filled out the survey put for best course they've ever played??
I put Kaposia, for Shizzle. Ive never been as tired or as satisfied as I was after that round. What a beast!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 69
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

haha.."Berkeley of the Midwest"...exactly. I just moved back to Milwaukee after a year in Berkeley. Funny how both Madison AND Berkeley (hippie central cities) are lacking in quality courses. Now I am staying in Ludington, MI for two months and THIS place has some of the radest courses. Can you say "Flip City" ...Beast/Beauty/Goliath....Leviathan? wow
Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The City of Madison has no desire to add anymore courses to their park system. The Madison Area Disc Club is in charge of all the maintenance and upkeep for the two city courses.

A course west of Madison will almost guarantee a lot of elevation and big trees. There is unlikely to be any water holes however. I just hope it doesn't take the County to long to actual develop the new course. I know they would get the full cooperation with The parks Dept of Mt. Horeb if they decided to put the course at Stewart Lake Park
Old 08-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The City of Madison has no desire to add anymore courses to their park system. The Madison Area Disc Club is in charge of all the maintenance and upkeep for the two city courses. The MADC has been working to expand courses in the communities surrounding Madison. Currently there is talk about courses in Fitchburg, Verona and Possibly Middleton. There is also a chance of a new course in Marshall in the next year or so.

A course west of Madison will almost guarantee a lot of elevation and big trees. There is unlikely to be any water holes however. I just hope it doesn't take the County to long to actual develop the new course. I know they would get the full cooperation with The parks Dept of Mt. Horeb if they decided to put the course at Stewart Lake Park
Old 08-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default No desire

What makes you say that the Madison Parks Dept has no desire to add new courses? Didnt they create this survey in the first place. Ive gonna have every disc golfer I know, from any state, fill one out. My parents live in West Madison, and with as many parks as that enviro-nazi town has, it pisses me off that none have DG courses in them!! I know there must be some parks in W Mad/Middleton area that coudl hold a sweet 18 hole course

Why Mt Horeb? Do the parks dept guys play dg?

Old 08-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texconsinite View Post
What makes you say that the Madison Parks Dept has no desire to add new courses? Didnt they create this survey in the first place. Ive gonna have every disc golfer I know, from any state, fill one out.
Re-read the original post
Quote:
The Dane County Parks Department is considering the development of additional disc golf course facilities,
Dane County Parks is completely different then the Madison Parks Dept.

My parents live in West Madison, and with as many parks as that enviro-nazi town has, it pisses me off that none have DG courses in them!! You sort of just answered your first question right here, also Elver is in West Madison and was the 1st course installed in Madison and is by far the busiest course in town

I know there must be some parks in W Mad/Middleton area that coudl hold a sweet 18 hole course

Why Mt Horeb? Do the parks dept guys play dg? No they do not but the are in favor of installing a course and actual said they were going to talk with Dane County about trying to convince them to put one in Stewart Lake when I spoke with them last Winter.
Stop on by Elver on Sunday and lend a hand with the renovation work and I can give you all kinds of insights about DG in the Madison Area

Last edited by kvanorsdel; 08-22-2008 at 09:23 AM.