Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 828
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 29 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I thought it was your fiance who throws the Squirrel, and that you said it "doesn't fit well in my bag." How does that equate to tons of throws with the Squirrel?

BTW, I came up on a group of 6 on the teepad of a 420 ft hole today. When I asked how many of them were going to throw a Leopard, I got looks of bewilderment. I had to tell them it was a joke.

I know it doesn't fit in my bag because I spent a few weeks with a couple in my bag when my fiancee first got them. I decided I wasn't going to keep them in my bag, she kept them in hers. I probably threw a few hundred shots with them, and compared them side by side with rocs and comets on almost every one of those. That enough throws for you?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 21 Times in 17 Posts

^no way mashnut you have to throw it ten billion times!!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
I know it doesn't fit in my bag because I spent a few weeks with a couple in my bag when my fiancee first got them. I decided I wasn't going to keep them in my bag, she kept them in hers. I probably threw a few hundred shots with them, and compared them side by side with rocs and comets on almost every one of those. That enough throws for you?
Gee, I guess.

So what exactly was your point in all this? Keep in mind that I never said Squirrels flew like Comets, just that the physical appearance was very similar...as in old school mid.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
^no way mashnut you have to throw it ten billion times!!
In his dreams
Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,183 Times in 1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Thanks BroD. I see you are a Fuse man. How do the two compare? I always found the Fuse to be, ironically enough, a bit squirrelly...

Sorry, I had to.
Actually for a lot of the reasons that Wanderer below stated. I had the champ style Squirrel and compared to my heavy Opto Fuses of choice it flew kind of squirrely. Felt kind of like a Comet with no bead. It seemed faster and longer than my Fuses but not necessarily glidier. It was trickier getting the Squirrel to hook up, sometimes it would fade at the end, sometimes go straight, a lot of times track right. Probably nothing that couldn't be ironed out with practice with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
What plastic Fuse were you throwing that was "squirrelly"? Heavier Opto's are very stable/neutral and much less affected by the wind than GL's.

The Flying Squirrel is very similar to a Comet...an old style mid with more of a rounded and sloping wing, and a narrow deep rim. I was throwing them a lot for a while, but ultimately I couldn't get used to the rim. Squirrels have a little fade to them where the Fuse will be dead straight. Squirrels also have a ton of glide, more than the Fuse. And they are longer than the Fuse because of it.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 AM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Actually for a lot of the reasons that Wanderer below stated. I had the champ style Squirrel and compared to my heavy Opto Fuses of choice it flew kind of squirrely. Felt kind of like a Comet with no bead. It seemed faster and longer than my Fuses but not necessarily glidier. It was trickier getting the Squirrel to hook up, sometimes it would fade at the end, sometimes go straight, a lot of times track right. Probably nothing that couldn't be ironed out with practice with it.
I found some of the same things in terms of predictability when throwing the squirrel on 300-350' shots, especially with some wear on the disc. I think power level has something to do with it. Ashleigh throws her mids 240' on average and 275' max and at that power level they seem to be really consistent for her.

Last edited by mashnut; 02-12-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Good points. Agree that Squirrels can be touchy when it comes to holding lines. I was throwing 155g Squirrels and they had a lot of glide, they just seemed to hang in the air. Needless to say, I was actually using them strictly for approach, not driving with them at that weight.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
I found some of the same things when throwing the squirrel on 300-350' shots, especially with some wear on the disc. I think power level has something to do with it. Ashleigh throws her mids 240' on average and 275' max and at that power level they seem to be really consistent for her.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:15 AM
*Super Moderator*

Did you have an actual response to what I wrote?

Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Did you have an actual response to what I wrote?
Yes, I can't believe you wrote it. Did you fail to see where he compared the Squirrel's appearance and feel to a Comet? That he said it's flight was tricky?

Time to give it up, you're tripping all over yourself...kinda like the other night.

Oh, and jump my posts at your own risk.