Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeSquared View Post
Generally, tournament play requires an official Scorecard be turned in at the end of every round, with the tally of everyone on that cards score. I have never played in a tournament where this wasn't the case.

That said, I think Easy Scorecard is best for Android, but for PDGA sanctioned tournaments you need to know how to score on a card, (since apps don't necessarily let you input this info) OB throws, provisional throws etc, since these can all determine the final rank of players in a tournament.

How do you score on the cards. I thought you just write down what each person got. Example: I get a 2 and you get a 3. Is there more to it then that.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 AM

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really like Discasaurus as well, it's very easy to use and you can also upload your scores to the website for safe keeping.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 35
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

yep, generally that's right but...

say a player throws out of bounds, you are almost always required to add a stroke. At the end of that hole you circle the total for this hole indicating it had an added stroke for out of bounds.

Or, if a disc has a questionable lie, the player can throw a provisional throw playing from the questionable lie, then play from what everyone on the card deems is an acceptable lie, two scores for the same hole can ultimately be recorded. Then, at the end of the round, players can confirm questions with the Tournament Director to decide upon the right score for the hole in question.

In the case of a tie during a round, these things can be taken into consideration when deciding who places where.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 35
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

If a score is improperly tallied at the end or other players report a discrepancy, strokes can be added to your total score. It's always important, since usually players take turns recording the score during a round, that each player adds his/her own score and initials the total.

I usually use my phone app to keep track separately so i know if a hole was improperly marked on the final score card by another player.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

What about for iPhone users. I am looking for am app that is going to have side games like skins
Old 11-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 16
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Discasaurus is where it's at.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

I downloaded it and it does not have skins
Old 11-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjowo View Post
Discasaurus is where it's at.
if you have an Android EasyScoreCard Pro is hands down the best app on the market and at $4 is worth every penny. He keeps adding new features to it.

I guess if you are a tool and own an iphone.. not sure, after seeing me use EasyScorecard everyone that I've played with that has an iphone wishes he'd make it for IOS platform.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

I had an android and had easy score care and really liked it. But work changed phones and now I can't find a good app for the iPhone

Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

from what I understand there really isn't one. go get a cheap android with wifi, download the app and use it. (pawn shop or used phone store or craigslist) you don't need to have a service provider to take advantage of almost all of the benefits of having an android. I don't think I'll ever buy anything apple makes again so it's not a problem for me.