Old 05-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 25 Times in 18 Posts

I'd try to pick up a Z-Drone. I believe Dynamic Discs has some. I don't like FLX discs very much because I feel like I don't get as consistent of a release with them.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 PM

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 38
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default FLX Drones

I have been throwing FLX Drones for about 2 1/2 years now and absolutley love them! It is the ONLY Discraft disc I own and you would have to kill me to take it from me. I know the Drone is the most overstable disc Discraft makes according to the flight numbers anyway, but mine have always flown very straight. Guys I play with just shake their heads and ask how in the world I get a Drone to fly so straight. I don't have an answer for them. That's just the way they fly for me. It is one of my most used discs. I usually throw it on my drives on shorter holes and my upshot for longer holes. I highly recommend the FLX Drone.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 297
Niced 1,955 Times in 977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarmour View Post
I have been throwing FLX Drones for about 2 1/2 years now and absolutley love them! It is the ONLY Discraft disc I own and you would have to kill me to take it from me. I know the Drone is the most overstable disc Discraft makes according to the flight numbers anyway, but mine have always flown very straight. Guys I play with just shake their heads and ask how in the world I get a Drone to fly so straight. I don't have an answer for them. That's just the way they fly for me. It is one of my most used discs. I usually throw it on my drives on shorter holes and my upshot for longer holes. I highly recommend the FLX Drone.
^ Not doubting this and glad you love it for straight flights.
That being said, I wouldn't want someone thinking:
"I wanna throw straight, maybe I'll pick up an FLX Drone..." ---->

Pretty safe to say# of people who throw Drones straight <<<<< # of people who can't. Even Discraft would tell people who want a straight flying mid to try a Buzzz or a Comet. Love my Drone, but straight just isn't its lot in my life... or many other people's for that matter.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 AM

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 38
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
^ Not doubting this and glad you love it for straight flights.
That being said, I wouldn't want someone thinking:
"I wanna throw straight, maybe I'll pick up an FLX Drone..." ---->

Pretty safe to say# of people who throw Drones straight <<<<< # of people who can't. Even Discraft would tell people who want a straight flying mid to try a Buzzz or a Comet. Love my Drone, but straight just isn't its lot in my life... or many other people's for that matter.
I did not intend to mislead anyone on the traditional flight path of the FLX Drone. I was just stating that for ME, it flies very straight. I have seen a few other guys who have done it on a fluke, but you are correct in saying for MOST players, the Drone is not a tradional straight flying disc.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 56
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts

Finally got around to replacing my lost FLX Drone with another FLX Drone. I used it for stupid overstable, into the wind, upshots. The one I just got weighs 183g and flies like my Squall. Thrown hard and flat in calm conditions it actually turns and has modest fade, nothing like my last one. My last one I could throw on extreme anny and have it fight back hard. This one holds the anny to the ground.

Anyone else experience this? I was thinking about working with it and seeing how it does in a headwind. If it holds up in a headwind and flies like a Squall does in calm wind it might be pretty special.

Edit: Didn't notice this was not in the disc forum.

Last edited by threevok; 04-01-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:25 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post
I think the flex drone is not as soft as other flex discs because of that huge mother of all fat rims.

And yes, they stay very overstable for ages.

If you are looking for something as stable as a NukeOS but not as fast, try the predator too. It's the most overstable fairway driver by Discraft ( as far as I know ) and flies much like the Innova Firebird.
Flick is the most overstable. i keep it for shots that i need to lss hook harder than a pred. and thumbers
Old 04-02-2014, 01:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 65
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to shoe59

Don't forget about the Drone's little brother -- the Zone. Shorter but sweeter.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,041 Times in 498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarmour View Post
I did not intend to mislead anyone on the traditional flight path of the FLX Drone. I was just stating that for ME, it flies very straight. I have seen a few other guys who have done it on a fluke, but you are correct in saying for MOST players, the Drone is not a tradional straight flying disc.

Either you have a fluke Drone, or you are OATing the **** out of it.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Niced 97 Times in 40 Posts

I got an limited edition drone in a mystery box last year. Kind of mix between z and ti. It will never come out of my bag. Just picoed up a ti last weekend to back it up. As some one said the zone is the ish as well.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 AM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 482
Niced 736 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Either you have a fluke Drone, or you are OATing the **** out of it.
This. I can throw my CZ Drone into a 25mph headwind and it will still fade at the end.