Old 01-23-2019, 01:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 7
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

I tried some Luna's in putting league last night. Love how they feel, but for me they are too hard and slick to be consistent with. Switched back to my soft pure's and all was well again. I'm going to do some practice throws with them to see if they may fit the slot for my approach disc. Otherwise they'll go in a box till it's time to sell them.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2019, 03:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 30 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philman View Post
I tried some Luna's in putting league last night. Love how they feel, but for me they are too hard and slick to be consistent with. Switched back to my soft pure's and all was well again. I'm going to do some practice throws with them to see if they may fit the slot for my approach disc. Otherwise they'll go in a box till it's time to sell them.
Just like with other firm putters, they become grippier as they break in but you’re talking about going from fairly soft plastic to this firm rubber blend so I’m not surprised you thought they were too stiff
Old 01-23-2019, 09:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 630 Times in 376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules B View Post
I've been putting S line plastic, and I live in the south so they are pretty soft by comparison. I do agree though I have felt much stiffer plastic in putters.

As for putting in the wind. The putts were indoor, that's were the putting comparison is made. I'm also in a putting league and the first night with the Luna's will be tomorrow. So I'm curious as the how my score will differ compared to the p2s
Hmmm, S Line plastic (Star) isn't necessarily the stiffest in my experience. A lot of Star/S Line is pretty middle of the road in flexibility. Different runs of Star do vary a bit in stiffness too; some of the older Star I've handled was a lot stiffer than the stuff produced in the last 7 years or so. KC Pro/Putter Pro type plastic is pretty often stiffer than Star though. I think most people don't putt with Star because the grip, not because of the stiffness. Particularly when it's wet, it can get pretty slick.

So if the Luna blend is more flexible than S Line then I agree with Horsman that I don't think that's all that stiff. Cold temps do tend to make plastic stiffer though so it could be related to where people live and what they're comparing to.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 297 Times in 222 Posts

So from what I'm reading (correct me if I'm wrong) everyone who has Lunas on here is spin putters, but unfortunately I'm a push putter, so it doesn't really mean much to me (the extra glide sounds interesting and mild fade sounds really promising over my Rhynos), but without a push putter review (and a confirmation of more plastic options as well as a stock release date), I'm gonna hold off on getting my hopes up. I guess I'll have to stick to the Focus and Chally for now.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-23-2019, 09:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
So from what I'm reading (correct me if I'm wrong) everyone who has Lunas on here is spin putters, but unfortunately I'm a push putter, so it doesn't really mean much to me (the extra glide sounds interesting and mild fade sounds really promising over my Rhynos), but without a push putter review (and a confirmation of more plastic options as well as a stock release date), I'm gonna hold off on getting my hopes up. I guess I'll have to stick to the Focus and Chally for now.
I’m a hybrid putter, a little bit of wrist snap at the end of an extension that isn’t completely straight. If you are a pure push putter, stiffer plastic is generally the way to go for most push putters, and yes the extra glide and mild fade make predicting the outcome of those push putts easier
Old 01-23-2019, 10:14 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 11 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Hmmm, S Line plastic (Star) isn't necessarily the stiffest in my experience. A lot of Star/S Line is pretty middle of the road in flexibility. Different runs of Star do vary a bit in stiffness too; some of the older Star I've handled was a lot stiffer than the stuff produced in the last 7 years or so. KC Pro/Putter Pro type plastic is pretty often stiffer than Star though. I think most people don't putt with Star because the grip, not because of the stiffness. Particularly when it's wet, it can get pretty slick.

So if the Luna blend is more flexible than S Line then I agree with Horsman that I don't think that's all that stiff. Cold temps do tend to make plastic stiffer though so it could be related to where people live and what they're comparing to.
Sorry if I confused you. The star (S-line) is way softer than the Luna. I'm used to the softer grip of the S line plastic so the Luna being firm is taking some getting used to.

The Luna firmness is hard to explain. I guess the best way would be it's firmer than champion but not as firm as kc pro

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Jules B; 01-23-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 637 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Sorry if I confused you. The star (S-line) is way softer than the Luna. I'm used to the softer grip of the S line plastic so the Luna being firm is taking some getting used to.

The Luna firmness is hard to explain. I guess the best way would be it's firmer than champion but not as firm as kc pro
You just described MVP's Electron Firm or Gateway's Eraser. Is that close?
Man, I hope so; I love the feel of either.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 48 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
The P2's have been my putter for 2 years now and I couldn't get much more than 250... MAYBE, and that was on a fantastic throw. The P2's are hypersensitive to the wind and the power I put on them. Sometimes it might have gone KIND of straight or right but nothing consistent no matter what I did. WINNER LUNA
I have to disagree with your assessment of the P2. I can throw the S- or C- lines as hard as I can (340', +/-, max overall D 500'+) with absolutely zero turn, even in wind. It's all about the spin:speed ratio. Granted I haven't thrown the Luna but it sounds just like a P2. Just my $0.02.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
You just described MVP's Electron Firm or Gateway's Eraser. Is that close?
Man, I hope so; I love the feel of either.
Stiffness level is pretty even with these two plastics but there is an extra grittiness that’s really unique you can only find on the jawbreaker blends, little raised bumps that give an extra feel and grip that I fell in love with on day one

Old 01-24-2019, 09:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 637 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
Stiffness level is pretty even with these two plastics but there is an extra grittiness that’s really unique you can only find on the jawbreaker blends, little raised bumps that give an extra feel and grip that I fell in love with on day one
My Jawbreakers (Roach, Zone, Banger)are pretty smooth. Tacky but no raised bumps. Not that that sounds bad, just not what I have seen