Old 01-23-2019, 05:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 835 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Right now using a force for my overstable distance driver - would a machete work in that slot if I want something slower? Or are they far too overstable (like xcal overstable?) I just want something that will fight the wind well in the lineup next to my surges.
Machete's are pretty darn overstable. I haven't thrown a Punisher...but on paper it looks like what you're looking for.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2019, 05:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 15 Times in 7 Posts

Punisher isn’t slower, it’s like a worked in force
Old 01-23-2019, 06:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 643 Times in 361 Posts

Quote:
Right now using a force for my overstable distance driver - would a machete work in that slot if I want something slower? Or are they far too overstable (like xcal overstable?) I just want something that will fight the wind well in the lineup next to my surges.
Are you wedded to Discraft or will DGA be ok as well? The Banzai sounds like it may be what you need.

I can't get my 150g to flip over, even on a forehand, but it isn't dumpy.

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/cont...2072830207283O

Niced: (1)
Old 01-23-2019, 06:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 16
Niced 82 Times in 45 Posts

I distinctly recall reading a number of posts referring to the Punisher as a "glideless turd" and "one of the worst DC molds to be released in a while"

But then I read that it flies like a seasoned Force, which is a great thing... Was there just an initial run of bad Punishers that gave it a bad rep, but has bounced back? Or was it just a very vocal minority bashing on it?
Old 01-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 492 Times in 386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
I distinctly recall reading a number of posts referring to the Punisher as a "glideless turd" and "one of the worst DC molds to be released in a while"

But then I read that it flies like a seasoned Force, which is a great thing... Was there just an initial run of bad Punishers that gave it a bad rep, but has bounced back? Or was it just a very vocal minority bashing on it?
There must be something wrong with the Punisher if Discraft is bringing out the Kong. Both of those seem like they have similar speed/flight numbers.

I personally have never seen or thrown a Punisher.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 166
Niced 541 Times in 371 Posts

Quote:
I haven't tried the Banzai but it does sound like a decent option, depending on your desired speed range. Also, I don't know if it will have the plastic availability you would like.

How overstable are you talking? I could see anything from a Vulture (consensus seems to be that Big Z is most OS) to any Predator (all plastics nice and cheap on Marshall Street right now) working. Of course, the Pred has that rim which lots of people don't like. But both are slower than the Force and have good HSS while maintaining some glide and distance potential.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 15 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post

H, idk... mine are all newer versions. They fly great a perfect amount of mid flight turn and not a crazy amount of fade at the end. I have read somewhere that it was supposed to be based off of a stable Flash, but im not sure cause I never threw a flash.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 88
Niced 669 Times in 348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
I haven't tried the Banzai but it does sound like a decent option, depending on your desired speed range. Also, I don't know if it will have the plastic availability you would like.

How overstable are you talking? I could see anything from a Vulture (consensus seems to be that Big Z is most OS) to any Predator (all plastics nice and cheap on Marshall Street right now) working.
DGA isn't readily available in my area, but not against trying it out.

I already throw undertakers/predators and have beat in predators also. Talking overstable enough to be a good pair with the surge, where I'd want to throw a distance driver without flipping a surge over in the wind. I throw surges in the 370-400 range
Old 01-24-2019, 11:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

I already throw undertakers/predators and have beat in predators also. Talking overstable enough to be a good pair with the surge, where I'd want to throw a distance driver without flipping a surge over in the wind. I throw surges in the 370-400 range
How close are Preds to what you're looking for, in terms of speed, beef, and wind?

Sounds like Banzai wouldn't be in your speed range (slower than you'd like if you want a Surge complement), but I'd love to see you try it just to tell me what you think!

Vulture might also be a bit slower, but I'm curious what you'd think. I throw a Surge (heavy ESP) but get very little turn and actually like it for headwinds. I probably have 40-50' less distance than you do, so maybe that explains it. It also means my suggestions may be irrelevant...

All my other suggestions would be "limited release" discs. Did you ever try those Cryztal Sparkle Surges from a couple years ago? What about Tsunamis? I know they're now OOP, but the Midnight Flyer glow Tsunamis are still available as of now (Marshall Street and SunKing) and are pretty sweet from what I hear. They're a little closer to Surge speed.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

I totally forgot about the Pulse. Have you tried it? Also on sale at MST.