Old 08-27-2014, 12:33 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default RHBH max 325 feet, avg 300 feet

Accuracy is decent but I just can't get more distance even if I try to rip it in an open field. I've always been good at throwing things but I guess disc golf is too much about the technique. Help me reach my potential distance. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8p8l0GkJ1M
Sponsored Links

Last edited by moha; 08-27-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 27.2
Courses Played: 189
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

that's a nice teepad
Old 08-27-2014, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 42
Niced 85 Times in 58 Posts

That is a nice teepad!

moha your form looks very clean and smooth. Kudos! You appear to be very young (I could be wrong) but you will likely make distance gains with age. Just keep your form clean and smooth and keep playing and practicing. don't forget to practice putting!
Old 08-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

If that was me, and I watched a video I would tell myself to get more snap at the hitpoint, it looks like you are pulling the disc through instead of letting it rip out of your hand. It's hard to explain, look up snap and read some articles on the forums. Or maybe someone could help him out with a link or two on this "elusive" thing we call snap. It's hard to tell how firm you are gripping the disc as well in a video, you could experiment with different grips and different pressure.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:23 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 33
Niced 540 Times in 215 Posts

It's tough to see much from that angle, except that it looks like you're getting very little leverage on the disc. Focus on getting your elbow driven out in front and then extending the disc from your chest way out in front of you.

Similar issues as here:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...d.php?t=107820
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...d.php?t=108723

Lots of good advice and videos in there to get you going.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 21
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

The two biggest things I see are you are not getting your elbow forward and you're hugging yourself on your reach back. I hate that term.

Turn your shoulders back, don't fold your arm across your chest.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 321
Niced 480 Times in 201 Posts

I'm right there with you (though much older and heavier ). Been wondering myself lately how to get to the next level. One thing I'm hoping to change just a little bit is my hand position as I pull through. Let's see if I can describe this correctly... If you pause your video at the point of maximum reach back, and check it (frame by frame if possible) through the pull, you'll see your grip stays toward the front half of the disc throughout. I could be completely wrong (please, experts, help here...), but I think the folks with the best snap (hit, rip, etc) seem to get further back, to the outside of the disc, as they pull through the chest. If the disc were a clock with 12 being the intended line of flight, they seem to get that grip around to 9 o'clock, whereas you and I are closer to 10:30. Does that make sense?

edit: while I was typing, HyzerUB posted an awesome clip...compare!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:16 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans 5-8 View Post
If that was me, and I watched a video I would tell myself to get more snap at the hitpoint, it looks like you are pulling the disc through instead of letting it rip out of your hand. It's hard to explain, look up snap and read some articles on the forums. Or maybe someone could help him out with a link or two on this "elusive" thing we call snap. It's hard to tell how firm you are gripping the disc as well in a video, you could experiment with different grips and different pressure.
I think I know what you mean. I've thought about trying different grips because with drivers it usually feels like it's slipping out instead of ripping out. I guess I have to experiment more. With putters and midranges I get the "snap" feeling.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:22 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
That is a nice teepad!

moha your form looks very clean and smooth. Kudos! You appear to be very young (I could be wrong) but you will likely make distance gains with age. Just keep your form clean and smooth and keep playing and practicing. don't forget to practice putting!
Thank you . I'm only 27 and my stomach is still growing.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:30 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
The two biggest things I see are you are not getting your elbow forward and you're hugging yourself on your reach back. I hate that term.

Turn your shoulders back, don't fold your arm across your chest.
If you mean my left arm, I've recently started forcing it to be closer to my body (but I might be overdoing it at the moment). It used to be way too "free" and it felt like it was creating more drag. I've been wondering about my elbow opening too early as well. Thanks for the tips.