Old 10-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 676 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
Oh and an extensive used rack. The used discs have a great margin. I don't know the best way to acquire them in a virgin market, but going forward he should be buying used discs off people for a couple bucks.
I'm all about the used rack as a consumer. The hard part is getting the used discs. He may be able to buy some lots online if he's knowledgeable to know what a good deal looks like. Other than that offering people a few bucks for trade in even when it's a much better deal for the merchant seems to work well. It amazes me how many people will willingly sell their discs to the shop for $3 a piece only for the shop to sell them for $10 a pop. The more serious players will eventually find the online market and start selling them for $10 each themselves, but in the meantime, the shop may as well benefit from peoples' willingness to get a little something out of discs they no longer want in exchange for new plastic.

Just got to get a few people hooked for it to work. e.g., 75% our local shop's used bin is composed of one guy's discs.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 48.2
Courses Played: 60
Niced 389 Times in 214 Posts

Just avoid big lot purchashes of Quest or Salient Discs.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,362 Times in 1,724 Posts

How popular is DG in your area? Are there courses nearby?

There's a place in the ATL area that sells other stuff, and has one rack of discs. Mostly Innova, had a decent selection of the more popular molds.

My suggestion, especially if the clientele will be new to DG, is starter sets from Trilogy and from Innova, then augmented by putters and some DX mids and 'slow' drivers such as (DX) Leopards, Cheetahs, Teebirds, etc. if the clientele has some DG experience, add Valkyries, Terns, Destroyers, etc.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 27
Niced 140 Times in 35 Posts

Cool, so he's got a sweet order in from a Canadian distributor that includes some Innova, Discraft and Trilogy. He's got some starter packs, starter bags and a display rack. I think it'll be good! Thanks again everyone - advice helped.

Niced: (1)