Old 08-05-2019, 07:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,605 Times in 1,650 Posts

Thanks, I've been trying to get to that right shoulder forward position and as soon as I saw those marked up images I could feel exactly how I'm doing that in the throw.

Watched those videos again and got back to basics. I can feel it already for the fix while swinging a hammer. I have to land butt first while turned back and then let that clear me forward. This gets me to that rear knee and elbow coming forward at the same time position, and then my lower body can counterweight my arm swinging away from me. It feels more extended and delayed again with better counterweight instead of continual rotation of the body. I've felt this in the past but not with this better swing plane.

Initially I thought "oh no what have I introduced into my swing" but I think this will be pretty fast to fix that part. The throws keep feeling easier on my body, I can't even imagine what high level form is like.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 288 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Perfect illustration of the door frame drill on the top pictures
Old 08-16-2019, 07:31 PM
* Ace Member *

I felt an improved weight shift today by delaying everything. It feels like I wait for catching my weight to bring the disc forward to my core or right hip, then my hips can counterweight my body swinging out or away from me. It feels like the swing is just forward, continuing on from how my weight brought the disc straight ahead.

I had a couple of 300' putter standstill shots like that, and some 350' Comets with X-step. My balance is worse in the X-step, I still tip a bit and/because I stride too far behind with the left foot, but it's feeling smoother and smoother. This clip is more in the 275' putter range but I can feel the spin difference with the wider arm, this is a flippy putter and it handled more wind than normal.

This is the best my swing plane has looked, but is my torso still rotating too much before/while releasing the arm?

Niced: (2)
Old 08-16-2019, 08:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,221 Times in 1,961 Posts

Definitely looks the best. Camera angle looks a little off, like centered on teepad rather than hit.

You appear to be aiming your release off to the right in the setup with your little pre-swings, and too open with the back foot/in the way. When I do my little pre-swings they release targetward, never off to the right of the front foot, unless I'm making a big pre-swing that goes all the way around.

I'd work on Inside Swing Drill and moving your back foot over out of the way to open up the backswing/closed stance. I think you are setup with the back foot in the way of the backswing and that is why you always stride toward the left to try and make room the opposite way, but moves you into the swing and causes you to plant flat footed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWasFdvnGio&t=368s

Niced: (1)
Old 08-20-2019, 12:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Should I be aware of extending the leg to really drive the shot? Not talking full lockout Kevin Jones way, but should I be feeling the front thigh and hip power the swing forward/outward, rather than just enough resistance to maintain balance on the plant?
Old 08-20-2019, 01:19 AM
* Ace Member *

I guess this is my answer here: https://youtu.be/EvbcIv4SqP0?t=158

I think I'm getting close to getting it, things are moving in the right direction for sure and it feels very simple to throw my prior good/great distance ranges, especially with slower discs.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Yep, pump it. I think Hogan Power Move and Slow Motion Drill will help with your balance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8p9SHlqyuU#t=2m49s

Old 08-20-2019, 05:22 PM
* Ace Member *

I need time to make this feel completely normal, keep opening up the room for the backswing and also make sure I really land hershyzer/butt first to then feel like I body check to bring the disc forward, then throw. Rather than shoulder check feeling as I come forward which is likely a reverse pivot, or at minimum a loss of power. But I just wanted to see if there's anything glaring here before I try to work with this feeling for a little bit and see where that takes me.

It feels easy and flowing though. This is a 300' putter, with wind too. I'd really like to get to 350' with putters and see where my drivers are at when that happens.

I'm thinking I can have more room for the swing still, land more butt first and committed with the rear arm shifting into the brace, and wait longer to get the shoulders forward to bring the disc to the launch position...basically tweaking everything in a better direction.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Your front foot is striding backwards and then turning open into plant. Should be moving more lateral - kick the can with side of foot/instep, not your heel. Note how my stance in Reciprocating Dingle Arm matches Dave's mid stride. You need to change your balance on your rear foot/leg to do that.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 12.18.10 AM.jpg (84.1 KB, 92 views)

Old 08-21-2019, 05:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Well, that makes the game easier. I threw several of the best shots I've ever thrown on a course I play a ton, and lots of ace runs. Also lots of searching for discs that were 30' or so farther than I was looking.

This is a good starting point for me to keep working on this balance from, I still see issues but I think I'm getting the groundwork of this balance so I can hone it rather than completely change it.

This post helped a lot: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...&postcount=213

Also I tried to feel how I shift and balance on my left foot when throwing RHFH, or throw a ball, or swing a bat righty. Then I tried to feel this balance in my RHBH backswing and then in the X-step. In the X-step it felt like I had to move my heel under me by bringing it to the left, so finally that line for the kick the ball just worked out. I know my right foot still turns in a bit, but I'm feeling on some throws how to let my butt/body turn at the end bring my heel closer to the target as I plant, so that my body turn causes the foot to rotate closed. I think that is the correct concept?

Again I can see this needs to be honed in, but this is definitely an improvement. This is a Felon at medium power flat, and it went 340'.