Old 08-10-2019, 07:00 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Putting

Is it normal to straddle hyzer putt or am I wasting my time doing so? I am consistently hitting 20ft nd in haven’t tried 30ft or farther. I find when I shoot straight for basket I miss right or left depending on my release Nd not getting the distance for the longer putts but with hyzer straddle I’m hitting distance and the basket center.. any advise on if this is even a thing or not would be great. Thanks in advance. Also idk if it’s worth mentioning but I’m using a prime burst deputy so understable on a hyzer putt lol I have some p2s in d line coming to try out as well but they won’t be in till Monday or Tuesday.

Slyder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Par Member

Niced 143 Times in 93 Posts

Whatever works.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 528 Times in 302 Posts

Nico locasteo comes to mind as a straddle hyzer putter.
When he misses long, to me on video they look like they never had a chance but when he is on fire he’s damn good out way past 33’.
It’s a thing and if it’s comfy do it.

There is a time and a place for underatable discs I a. Hyzer and overstable discs on a Hyzer. Just because you are hyzer putting doesn’t mean you are supposed to use an overstable disc. I would think you would want stable under stable to get a bit of glide.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 468 Times in 285 Posts

Normal in putting doesn’t matter. Ending up in the basket is what matters. Do what works.

FWIW Barsby drops some pretty nasty putts from deep with a straddle jump putt on hyzer. And he is the people’s champ. Brinster putts like a caveman and he is one of the nastiest putters there is. So it’s been done to great success before.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 288 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
Normal in putting doesn’t matter. Ending up in the basket is what matters. Do what works.

FWIW Barsby drops some pretty nasty putts from deep with a straddle jump putt on hyzer. And he is the people’s champ. Brinster putts like a caveman and he is one of the nastiest putters there is. So it’s been done to great success before.
There are some general concepts that are usually good to follow. For example, Emerson Keith takes his putter off the line during his putt. He has a "hinge" putt. He's a great putter, but you would never teach someone to putt that way. Doesn't mean it can't work, but that doesn't mean it's your best option.