Old 02-16-2020, 08:16 PM

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Spare me the sermon, please and thanks. You are hardly the only one who has experienced the dark side of life. A friend of mine was beaten to death by another friend and was featured on America's Most Wanted. Talk about LIVES DESTROYED. So what? Nobody here cares. My point was that unless you pass out questionnaires to your card mates, you could be playing with someone who has done what you mentioned and not know it. Do you interrogate all unknown disc golfers first? I'm hardly excusing anyone's bad behavior, but unless it is a well known case, you might never know. Maybe you should stick to solo rounds, just to be safe.
"no one here cares" typical of todays mindset. Terrible things happen in this world and people need to be held accountable for their actions. I get what you're saying I may never know. What im saying is if I do know I have the choice to say no I wont play with them. If I do know its my right to call out a rapist of how terrible of a human they are and should still be in jail.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2020, 08:38 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 169 Times in 113 Posts

I don't care if you've done your time or not. There are certain crimes that you should be publicly shunned for for the rest of your life, as well as being excluded from group activities attended by normal non-deviant people.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-16-2020, 10:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 10
Niced 53 Times in 32 Posts

Not sure about how release works on things like manslaughter/murder, but what would the odds be of a sex offender being at a disc golf course? I know laws might vary state to state but don't they have restrictions on being at places with kids such as parks?
Old 02-16-2020, 11:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.6
Courses Played: 12
Niced 114 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disctildeath View Post
Not sure about how release works on things like manslaughter/murder, but what would the odds be of a sex offender being at a disc golf course? I know laws might vary state to state but don't they have restrictions on being at places with kids such as parks?
Maybe the next "Don't Nice Me Bro" comic should address this, with a sex offender having a "death putt" where just behind the basket is within 1000' of a school.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,060 Times in 1,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco40 View Post
Maybe the next "Don't Nice Me Bro" comic should address this, with a sex offender having a "death putt" where just behind the basket is within 1000' of a school.
^ I don't feel right throwing this a "lol" ... but gotta admit it's funny.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 88
Niced 2,021 Times in 807 Posts

People who have no issue playing on a card with a child molestor probably have never been a parent. Would I play on a card with convicted molester for a tourney? Not sure yet. Would I find the self control to not punch them square in the face? Not sure about that one either. I hope I never have to make that decision.

Of course, if I get in a fight with anyone I would most likely get my a$$ handed to me. Not exactly the fighting type...

Old 02-17-2020, 09:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,060 Times in 1,429 Posts

FWIW - I started this thread because someone who's personally told me he's never had kids, posted this in another thread:

Quote:
We have two known ex-con child molester local players. I refuse to acknowledge them must less play a round of golf with them. Harm a child and you don't exist to me, I don't care how I'm judged because of that.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 140
Niced 479 Times in 215 Posts

One could argue - and I will, that a "criminal's" debt to society is not (necessarily) paid in full upon release from incarceration.

The "price" one pays (for certain crimes) includes the impact on their ability to find/keep work, how they are (or are not) accepted by society, and the opinions of their "peers".

Generally, I don't care much for other people. So, I prefer to play alone or with close friends. Tournament rounds are out of my control, but I do not go into it looking or expecting to make new friends. I want to believe that everyone has the capacity to be good, but I've been proven wrong too many times...

I can very easily cut people off/out of my life, and I do regularly if I don't care for their particular flavor of crazy. So, as I learn about the dealings of others, I make decisions on whether or not I will allow them to be part of my life. Most often, the decision is no...

Old 02-17-2020, 11:31 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 146
Niced 471 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Disc golfers don't come out of no where. People know each other.
Locally we knew a player had been sent away and why, public records help plus the Internet has search features. Once he got out others spoke up about a 2nd one who had been convicted. Again, public records and the Internet.
I seem to remember one of these popping up recently on FB if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't aware there was a second.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40
Courses Played: 95
Niced 1,394 Times in 536 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
I seem to remember one of these popping up recently on FB if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't aware there was a second.
The 2nd one was exposed during that discussion about the 1st one. Someone asked why one and not the other, the answer was "Which other". When their rap sheet was posted they became the 2nd one.

They were both reported and removed from Facebook, something FB is really good about, but you need to provide proof. Proof being their public record rap sheet.

Also, I'm the one Bogey quoted above if anyone is wondering.