Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2019, 09:34 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 25
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlybakerbest View Post
When my wife ordered me a shift for fathers day it didn't show up for 3 weeks. So she contacted UPD and they said they would look right into it, following this we heard nothing for another two weeks, even when we emailed again asking what was up. Finally, we contested the charge and 3 days after a mangled box with a shift thrown in it arrived. Color me unimpressed with this company. Too bad because it is a nice bag minus the atrocious customer service. Hope you have a less annoying time with receiving yours.
Jon was quick to follow up with me and it ended up being a scanning error on USPS behalf. Got the bag delivered a couple days later. Love the Pinch when my Grip is too much and it would be cool if they merged with Discraft.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-22-2019, 01:37 PM

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 41
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I recently had a chance to try out a couple of backpacks of higher price (a slim and a regular sized one) and realized from the experience how light and great of a value the UPD Pinch is.

Although I cannot attest to any of the recent budget backpacks that have emerged, I can praise just how incredible the UPD Pinch is. I love how versatile and customizable this backpack is. It's somewhat of a combination of the Shift (two outer mesh pockets) and the Rebel (bottom storage), but it's a whole lot cheaper.

The one slight annoyance I have had with it is the lack of an internal frame; the outer pockets "pinch" into the backpack. The discs can get mushed in and sloppy depending on # of discs but it's a minor thing esp. at the price point.

For the longest time, I've tried to figure out an effective way to put in support. PVC pipe was too heavy and bulky. I only recently found a cardboard box that would fit in. Not sure how it'll hold up but for how cheap and easy it was to make, it is fantastic.

For the record, I have the version 1 Pinch. I know v2 has raised up the putter pocket, widened the opening for easier access to the bottom storage, and other things, but I think the pinch effect is still there? Frugal me couldn't get myself to upgrade even at the great holiday price it is at now. However, this simple add-in has me very satisfied.

All in all, after trying out a couple other bags, it has made me appreciate the UPD Pinch even more. It's light, good material, can hold a decent amount of discs along with enough extras, very customizable and the price point is just incredible.

Pics of MOD here

Old 12-25-2019, 08:35 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 57 Times in 40 Posts

The Innova u-channel also fits in the Pinch if you can find one, they wont sell one separately but you might be able to get one if you're bying other stuff from the Innova store(or similar retailers)

Old 01-17-2020, 11:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 146
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 469 Times in 200 Posts

Anyone looking for a V4 Rebel? I'm looking to get rid of mine to help pay for another basket on my course.

It's the gray/lime-green colorway. Easy 9/10 as I only used it for 10-12 rounds before going back to the DisCarrier (I just prefer the old school bag w/quads. I'm old and stuck in my ways.)

PM if interested.

Old 01-17-2020, 01:38 PM

Years Playing: 35.3
Courses Played: 53
Niced 82 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
Anyone looking for a V4 Rebel? I'm looking to get rid of mine to help pay for another basket on my course.

It's the gray/lime-green colorway. Easy 9/10 as I only used it for 10-12 rounds before going back to the DisCarrier (I just prefer the old school bag w/quads. I'm old and stuck in my ways.)

PM if interested.
I can vouch for the bag -- I've seen it and it's in real good condition as described. Would be a good deal for someone who wants a Rebel . . .

Old 01-17-2020, 03:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 146
Niced 469 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecandydan View Post
I can vouch for the bag -- I've seen it and it's in real good condition as described. Would be a good deal for someone who wants a Rebel . . .
Thanks Dan!

I threw it up on one of the Facebook bag swap/sale pages and it's pending already.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:23 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 922 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:

PM if interested.
The main 2 advantages of a Discarrier with the backpack straps is this: One they do not get as hot on the back in really hot days. Two the bags are sometimes lighter for the amount of discs they can carry.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.9
Courses Played: 86
Niced 205 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Dan!

I threw it up on one of the Facebook bag swap/sale pages and it's pending already.
If it falls through on facebook, I'd be interested in it, I've been checking their site periodically and haven't seen them in stock.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 367 Times in 229 Posts

Sad to read some of these comments. The shift is my all time favorite bag and my current one might not last the year.