Old 05-16-2017, 12:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 140 Times in 35 Posts
Default Rochester > Albany > Worcester > Nova Scotia

I'm driving Toronto > Nova Scotia in early June through the states and thinking I gotta hit these courses up along the way:

Chili DGC
Joralemon
Maple Hill
Sabbatus

Can anyone here recommend a decent (read: cheap but not trashy) camp ground near Joralemon or Sabbatus? Also, Maple Hill is non-negotiable, but am I missing any must plays along the way that I should consider instead of those listed? I'm trying to fit in Chili and Joralemon on Day 1, MH and Sabbatus on Day two, then the long 9 hr drive through disc golf wasteland home on day 3.
Cheers,
DGStu
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2017, 12:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 135
Niced 1,004 Times in 534 Posts

Just wanna say that if you are playing Maple Hill, you should try to play Pyramids as well. MH is better, but Pyramids is right across the street and definitely worth playing.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 101 Times in 67 Posts

I second what Roggen says. Maple is a better course, but Pyramids is a good course too, and you cant beat Marshall Street Pro Shop. And keep me posted about dates and times that you'll be there. Im about 50 minutes from there and would love to join! Theres also a very very well put together Jason Southwick course called 501 Disc Golf in Warren MA, west of Maple Hill. Not far from I-90. Also, maybe a bit out of the way, but Barre Falls Dam just recently made my list of one of my favorite course. Its not the most difficult course but its a beautiful course.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:18 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
I second what Roggen says. Maple is a better course, but Pyramids is a good course too, and you cant beat Marshall Street Pro Shop. And keep me posted about dates and times that you'll be there. Im about 50 minutes from there and would love to join! Theres also a very very well put together Jason Southwick course called 501 Disc Golf in Warren MA, west of Maple Hill. Not far from I-90. Also, maybe a bit out of the way, but Barre Falls Dam just recently made my list of one of my favorite course. Its not the most difficult course but its a beautiful course.
Cool beans, might have to make day two Maple Hill and Pyramids then. Hit Sabbatus before I head home on day three. Cheers! Oh, and will likely be there on June 15 or 16. Will send a PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:21 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

For Rochester, you may be better-suited with Parma DGC instead of Chili. Parma is pretty much the premiere course around here, and if you've never played it you should. If you do play Chili though, prepare for a very muddy experience.

Just food for thought.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-16-2017, 05:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 282
Niced 219 Times in 119 Posts

If you are heading down through the Rochester area, I would try and get Shore Winds & Parma instead of Chili. I wasn't very impressed with Chili. Parma is a great course and Shore Winds has 2 on site. Plus they are on the lake and it's a pretty view.

I didn't read your post in full. PARMA, play PARMA

Last edited by HarkeyPuck; 05-16-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 282
Niced 219 Times in 119 Posts

And Maple Hill is AMAZING
Old 05-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkeyPuck View Post
If you are heading down through the Rochester area, I would try and get Shore Winds & Parma instead of Chili. I wasn't very impressed with Chili. Parma is a great course and Shore Winds has 2 on site. Plus they are on the lake and it's a pretty view.

I didn't read your post in full. PARMA, play PARMA
Haha, thanks. I was looking at shorewinds a few days ago and it does look pretty awesome, same with Parma. I can't remember why I settled on Chili, but you make a strong case!
Old 05-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 101 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscgolfStu View Post
Cool beans, might have to make day two Maple Hill and Pyramids then. Hit Sabbatus before I head home on day three. Cheers! Oh, and will likely be there on June 15 or 16. Will send a PM.
If you're there on the 16th I could possibly take the day off work, 15th I know I cant make it. Weather will dictate things and time at work. Its rough working in finance... depends on what comes up. Keep me posted though!

Old 05-17-2017, 09:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 109
Niced 227 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscgolfStu View Post
I'm driving Toronto > Nova Scotia in early June through the states and thinking I gotta hit these courses up along the way:

Chili DGC
Joralemon
Maple Hill
Sabbatus

Can anyone here recommend a decent (read: cheap but not trashy) camp ground near Joralemon or Sabbatus? Also, Maple Hill is non-negotiable, but am I missing any must plays along the way that I should consider instead of those listed? I'm trying to fit in Chili and Joralemon on Day 1, MH and Sabbatus on Day two, then the long 9 hr drive through disc golf wasteland home on day 3.
Cheers,
DGStu
Just an FYI Playing a Rochester course then driving to J Park to play is a lot for 1 day. I'd say play Parma over Chili. You'll want to make sure you have enough time to play J's 27 hole layout. When do you think you are coming through? Schodack island is the closest state camp ground it'll be cheap and decent. It's kinda close it's just that to get there from J requires a bit of back tracking. Thruway goes right over top of it but the next exit is 10 mins up the road then requires 10-15 mins of back roads to get back there.

https://goo.gl/maps/sa76qvUhzk82

Here's a link to our clubs page on J park. http://discap.net/courses/j-park/