Old 02-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,474 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
so i snagged a ZH mercy today along with two warlocks, a pa2, a pa1, opto pure and ZH pure.

i have to say i did like the mercy . . . until i went full retard and lost it. that was a little frustrating. i think it feels similar enough to the wizard, but all of a sudden when i was trying to putt it just . . . didn't feel right. the wizard is just too great.

after driving with all of these, i see now why you have a PA2, a pure and a wizard. i may wind up with a similar setup. as fun as this experiment with mold minimizing has been, it may be time to go back to more slots now that i have improved much since the summer. i will be putting out an amber alert with the locals for my mercy and ordering another. it may be the putter i'm looking for.
Glad to hear that you liked the PA2. I don't throw mine often compared to my Pure, but when I do it's money.

How was the dome on the ZH Mercy? One of the things that sealed its fate was how much more comfortable the Pure felt being flat. I never threw the Strawberry Mercies I bought, but they were flatter than the EZEs.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 07:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 155 Times in 107 Posts

i noticed the ZH had a bigger dome than the soft in the store and a higher shoulder - not as high as a wizard, though. the soft was definitely flatter with a lower shoulder. if i wind up going with the mercy, i'd probably do what i used to do with my pures - one in ZH for driving/putting, one in ZS for approach duties. if they made an opto mercy . . . hmmm . . .

right now it's all up in the air, though. i have no idea what i'm going to do. throwing the opto pure again was an absolute blast and the ZH pures were just what i'm missing for those turnover drives.

i could see myself throwing a zone, a pa2/1 and zh/zs mercies as my lineup. i could also see myself throwing zone/envy/pures.

putters are really the hardest thing to lock down, aren't they? anyway, the mercy did throw very similar to a warlock. had more HSS/LSS than the opto pure, but not by a whole lot.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 11
Niced 26 Times in 17 Posts

^^^ Hate to hear there could be domey Mercys out there......I have two hards and one soft and they are as flat as the Pure I have (and dont use).
Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discguy42 View Post
^^^ Hate to hear there could be domey Mercys out there......I have two hards and one soft and they are as flat as the Pure I have (and dont use).
it wasn't super-dome. it was definitely more, but not enough to make it uncomfortable. despite being a deep-dish sort of putter, the mercy is very easy to get a grip on. i really liked the feel.

i've got a wanted thread up for zero hards if anybody has a fresh one or 9/10.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 57
Niced 11 Times in 11 Posts

Just got my second ZH Mercy today. One for driving/upshots the other for putting. Both are flat. Mint green and light blue. Great driving putter. The Pure is just too fast for my taste. More like a small diameter mid.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 43
Niced 222 Times in 97 Posts

I've seen some people throw Envy comps out there with the Mercy. I'd putt with the Envy if it wasn't so pricey to snag a few for practice. Can anyone (cough tbird cough) give me some profile and flight comparisons?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

I've thrown both, but I don't see the similarities. I remember the Mercy being considerably slower and with less fade than the Envy. It doesn't have anywhere near the HSS the Envy (Rhyno level HSS in my experience) does either. I would throw the Envy into a pretty serious headwind without worrying about it flipping. I wouldn't throw the Mercy in that condition.

I will admit that I haven't fully gotten the hang of the Envy though. Some times it fades for me, other times it doesn't. The times it has faded, it's more forward fading than I remember the Mercy being. Will post a profile pic soon.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:32 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Old 02-25-2014, 11:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 43
Niced 222 Times in 97 Posts

Thanks tbird. I would be using the Mercy for in the circle. I like how the Envy feels and flies, but it is expensive and I prefer a baseline putter. Is the Mercy considerably more domey?

Old 02-26-2014, 01:05 AM
* Ace Member *

mercy is not domey. it is not low profile but it is comfortable in the hand; coming from wizards i could feel the difference big time.