Old 08-23-2018, 01:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 302 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocNasty View Post
When pulling through the power point and spinning on the axis. Do you suggest rotation off the heel or toes? I have heard both and honestly catch myself doing both ways sometimes. Never noticed it causing any issues although I am sure sticking with one or the other would help with consistentsy.
Spinning through on the heel is easier on the knees.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2018, 01:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,646 Times in 1,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocNasty View Post
When pulling through the power point and spinning on the axis. Do you suggest rotation off the heel or toes? I have heard both and honestly catch myself doing both ways sometimes. Never noticed it causing any issues although I am sure sticking with one or the other would help with consistentsy.
Most rotate through the heel. It just happens though with balance. If you look at super slow motion of top pro's they extend the leg and clear the hip, and on lower power shots it's kind of the whole foot foot that is pressured at this point with the toes lifting slightly, and the outside of the shoe drags. On high power shots it seems to be more through the heel. You're not trying to change it though, it just looks different.

This is a result of your balance though. If you are spinning on your toes you may be pushing your body around/in front of the brace? But actually pressuring the toes feels scary to my for my knee.

For example here's McBeth low power, vs. high power in the second clip at 0:36. Wysocki at the beginning is very heel emphasized though.