Old 10-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 357 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Lol, that Ballard swing is exactly what I do, love that clinic! But I learned how to do it from Shawn Clement and Ben Hogan, just exaggerated his teachings.

I see more Hogan and Greg Norman than Nicklaus in your golf swing with the rear foot slide. As Mike Austin said in that 2hr clinic on your channel, it's bowling.

Probably 290 plus carry over the driving range fence.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-03-2018, 07:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 215
Niced 1,753 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley Walker View Post

Probably 290 plus carry over the driving range fence.
Purty!
Old 10-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley Walker View Post
Do this. Stand on your front foot like you would with your throw. Now swing your arms around your lead leg. Both arms just loose and fully extended. You will find you can swing around,back and back and forth in a wide arc like a discus thrower on your lead leg. Your chest will not sway but will rotate. Your head will barely move. Now the question is... How are you collapsing the natural arm swing arc around your head over (over your lead leg on your front foot) so that your required to so violently dip you chest?

Put the disc down. Find the arc. I will give you a hint it is WIDE not close. The typical discer, through years of being told to "pull the disc close" has no concept of the wide arc that is the most natural throwing motion in sports. Typically, arc is collapsed at the beginning, due to the linear pull, and to try to get wide you will be late, like a golfer that tries to hold the wrist cock on the way down to the ball, when he should be throwing the head wide from the top. You must get wider sooner. You might even feel like your hand has to go straight out from your chest to start.

Practice without a disc. Then when you add the disc, really, really slow down. Throw half speed to start. Wide... Big arc.

When you say 'fijd the arc'... Is it where when swinging your arms oike you said, the natural in/out motion of your arm happens when you kind of 'juice' it up a bit?

Hard to explain words, but when I'm standing here doing what your wrote, and at some point let my lead arm 'collapse' a bit inward and let it accelerate out, is that 'the arc'? If so, that position is much more closed, and my leading elbow is point much farther left (I'm right handed. So my right elbow) before my arm slings around. Is this the arc' you have been discussing? Because this is pretty different than my actual swing as far as where my shoulder and arm are in relation to the 'target'

Old 10-03-2018, 11:32 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 357 Times in 138 Posts

Yes. That sounds right.