Old 09-13-2013, 05:56 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default AHHHH LEAGUE PLAYERS!

I don't understand why some league players have to be total douchers. I always shoot alone and I play through very fast, and yet, they give me excuses. "Oh, we're in a league, we can't let you play through." or "There is big groups in front of us, so it'd be pointless." Frankly, that's just rude and inconsiderate.
Since it's a doubles league, they all have to throw. Then they have to pick whose disc is better, and the process continues. And of course the wait time increases because they all have stools and switch discs a million times. Or they visualize their shot while sitting at their lie. It's just ridiculous.

Also, the "I'm better than you because I'm in a league" attitude is quite annoying. You're in a rec league dude. If I put in the money to join, I could be in it too.
To me, people like this are ruining the sport. It pushes new players away when we should be trying to get them to play more. Our goal should be to offer tips and just generally be friendly and helpful. It'd definitely help the image of our sport. Anyway, yeah.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Banned

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

well, this is certainly new territory for discussion

never really thought about it before
Old 09-13-2013, 06:01 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 199 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
I don't understand why some people have to be total douchers.

Fixed!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disc qualified View Post
well, this is certainly new territory for discussion

never really thought about it before
Do I detect a bit of sarcasm?
Old 09-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Banned

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yodeler View Post
I don't understand why some league players have to be total douchers. I always shoot alone and I play through very fast, and yet, they give me excuses. "Oh, we're in a league, we can't let you play through." or "There is big groups in front of us, so it'd be pointless." Frankly, that's just rude and inconsiderate.
Since it's a doubles league, they all have to throw. Then they have to pick whose disc is better, and the process continues. And of course the wait time increases because they all have stools and switch discs a million times. Or they visualize their shot while sitting at their lie. It's just ridiculous.

Also, the "I'm better than you because I'm in a league" attitude is quite annoying. You're in a rec league dude. If I put in the money to join, I could be in it too.
To me, people like this are ruining the sport. It pushes new players away when we should be trying to get them to play more. Our goal should be to offer tips and just generally be friendly and helpful. It'd definitely help the image of our sport. Anyway, yeah.
The Hammer syndrome.

Funny how people are so full of poop.

They are never wrong.....

Really sounds like 95% of all tourney players.

Just ignore them : o
Old 09-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 29
Niced 34 Times in 15 Posts

Were you one of those guys holding up our tournament last weekend? Because that wasn't douche like at all.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:17 PM

Courses Played: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yodeler View Post

Being new to this sport myself and not having submitted many posts to this forum, I have never encountered this issue thankfully. The one thing that does just floor me about disc golf though that is mentioned by the above quote is the use of stools. Can I please ask why ? I'm 52 years old and have played several courses through the woods, up the hills, and waded into a pond for a lost disc I never found and never ever dreamed of using a stool to rest. The rest I get is out on the course walking and hiking every nook and cranny it seems since I am a newbie. I just hope disc golf doesn't get to the point of the Walmarts and people start using motorized scooters while they are gnawing on their ice cream cone and shuffling through their selection of discs and yes perfectly able to walk but they choose not to. Good luck out their Yodeler and just learn to deal with it the best you can. If you ever come across motorized scooters out there, then you know the beginning of the end of disc golf is near.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 73
Niced 121 Times in 78 Posts

Not another ignorant thread about league players There's cocky, stuck up & stupid people in every part of life so just grow up & deal with it instead of complaining about it on a forum.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 40
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dang, where are you guys playing?
I have never run into this type of behavior.
Most players in my neck of the woods will encourage non-league players to join up with us.
We also let non-league players play through.
I don't understand...

Old 09-13-2013, 06:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 1317
Niced 231 Times in 119 Posts

How big is the league? If it's just a couple cards of players, sure it's kind of db to not let you play through. On some league nights around here (twin cities, and other leagues I've encountered around the country), the course is nearly filled with a card per hole. Sure it's still open to the public, as a casual player it makes more sense to join the league, find another course, or otherwise realize it's going to be a slow round and suck it up. Attempting to play through a dozen cards, holding people up that are already being held up by the group in front of them = major douche.