Old 11-25-2017, 09:52 PM
Birdie Member
Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 143
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 73 Times in 43 Posts

Do we want to live in a world where we attack those who are trying to help us?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2017, 10:01 PM
Big Country
Years Playing: 26.8
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 122 Times in 80 Posts

Im not sure pro disc golf is even all that viable. This isnt a great anecdote, applicability-wise, but I just played a charity doubles event that had 88 people playing. Eagle McMahon was there...in his hometown, and Id say well over half the players didnt know who he was, and I'd say he's one of the most visible (and exciting!) players to watch.

Point being: if we, the disc golfers, can't get invested into the pro tour, whichever tour it is, how do we expect non-discers to?

Old 11-25-2017, 11:53 PM
* Ace Member *
Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 404 Times in 150 Posts

Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Jomez? Their channel may be older but they didn't start covering major events or anything significant until 2 years ago. You started 4-5(?) years ago with branded product demos when no one else was. Like i said I'd be curious who has picked up more subs the past 2 years. Not that any of this really matters.
(Full disclosure I had to look this up) We actually started covering events within a couple months of one another. Their first tournament coverage video on YT is Texas States 2013, and ours is European Open 2013. I met them for the first time during the following year @ Texas States in Round Rock (which is the first tournament I did commentary on).

I looked up our subs as well (I did 11/1/15 - 11/1/17 so we'd have 24 complete months), and we've gained 32,020/62,011 in that timeframe (51.6%). Their channel has been massive this year though so it wouldn't surprise me if they were close to that number too. I'd guess probably 25-27k, I feel like they were in the low teens 2 years ago.

They've had a phenomenal 18 months of growth, many props.

Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
And your "observation" was both wrong and insulting to American DG fans.
Jeez, I thought I was supposedly the sensitive one around here.