Old 02-17-2016, 04:53 PM

Courses Played: 13
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Please recommend a disc

Hello all,

I REALLY want to try a vibram driver this year, but I'm not sure which to try. Just for comparison sake, my go to driver is a pro wraith, I could handle either slightly more or less stability though.

I was thinking the Lace would be similar, but I've never threw any of their discs before, so I figured I'd see what you guys had to say about it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 48 Times in 28 Posts

Try that Lace. Wraith would be a decent comp
Old 02-17-2016, 05:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 661 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezfry View Post
Hello all,

I REALLY want to try a vibram driver this year, but I'm not sure which to try. Just for comparison sake, my go to driver is a pro wraith, I could handle either slightly more or less stability though.

I was thinking the Lace would be similar, but I've never threw any of their discs before, so I figured I'd see what you guys had to say about it.

Thanks!
Yeah the Lace is a bit faster (wider rim), but stability-wise, I think it could be close (depending on whether you have a more or less stable Wraith). My experience with Vibram is that the Mediums are a little more stable and stay that way longer. I was always tempted into buying the firms because I didn't like the floppiness of the medium, but the firms seem to get understable much more quickly, so keep that in mind. If you get a firm and it gets too flippy quickly, then try a medium.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:37 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the help! How understable is the un-lace? I'd be willing to try it out, but I have trouble finding an understable disc that isn't super hot/cold for me.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 10
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the help! How understable is the un-lace? I'd be willing to try it out, but I have trouble finding an understable disc that isn't super hot/cold for me.
It's very understable. I have a 169 g that I'm removing from my bag for a 175 g I picked up in hopes that it wouldn't turn over as easily. The 169g unLace is more understable than my 170 g Star Vulcan for comparison. I also have a 158 g Champion (or blizzard? not sure) Vulcan that is a bit more stable than the 169 g unLace... neither of the Vulcans have much wear on them, and the unLace has a little.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:54 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheBlueCow View Post
It's very understable. I have a 169 g that I'm removing from my bag for a 175 g I picked up in hopes that it wouldn't turn over as easily. The 169g unLace is more understable than my 170 g Star Vulcan for comparison. I also have a 158 g Champion (or blizzard? not sure) Vulcan that is a bit more stable than the 169 g unLace... neither of the Vulcans have much wear on them, and the unLace has a little.
Ya, that definitely sounds too understable. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be picking up a lace soon!
Old 02-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 10
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Ya, that definitely sounds too understable. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be picking up a lace soon!
Yeah, the Lace seems like a solid choice. I want to pick one up; my brother throws his I believe as his go-to driver.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lace compares well with the Wraith. Both have excellent distance potential, but the Lace is the longer disc... check out InBounds for flight comparisons. Lace has the wider rim of the two. Try throwing lighter weight Laces for more understability. Lace should be thrown on a slight hyzer, and then flip up a little bit for maximum distance, but that takes some power to do.

unLace is ridiculously understable, but it works incredibly well on shorter holes with low ceilings, shorter turnover shots, and rollers! Takes a while to tame the unLace, but it has its place, especially for low-power throwers!