Old 04-21-2017, 08:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 455 Times in 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
Someone mentioned the DGA Breaker, can anyone share more light on the comparison between it and the Zone?
I have a buddy who looooooves his Breakers. They are pretty stable/overstable, but I believe they're beaded. Part of the reason I love the Zone (and it's many clone attempts) is the non-beaded, flat-topped profile. One of the only putters I feel comfortable with forehand.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-21-2017, 10:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 44
Niced 661 Times in 387 Posts

The C-Line P3 I tried was no where near Zone stability (at least not near flat ESP Zone stability). The P3 didn't turn, but it also didn't fade all that hard. I wanted it to be like a Zone/Pig/Gator and it wasn't at all.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 911 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu-f-o View Post
i'm not dropping zones, just can't find any good deals anymore lol

also just curious of other options. heard the harp was very popular
I think the Harp took off, because it's in Ricky's hand on almost every hole. Not saying that it's not a great disc, but I don't think it's better than a Zone or Breaker.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlat View Post
Wow! that profile looks just like a zone. Does the dome give it added glide but less speed then the zone? Possible more distance?
About that P3...I have a pop top Pro D, that isn't as stable as a normal flat top Zone...That's what I was comparing it to. I think that SD86 and Hilton, though have more experience with the P3 than I. I've only tossed one from a friends bag...

The Zone comes in 5 different production plastics, and has 2 or 3 limited run plastics every year that are made easily available. Bagging the other clones wouldn't benefit my game.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
About that P3...I have a pop top Pro D, that isn't as stable as a normal flat top Zone...That's what I was comparing it to. I think that SD86 and Hilton, though have more experience with the P3 than I. I've only tossed one from a friends bag...

The Zone comes in 5 different production plastics, and has 2 or 3 limited run plastics every year that are made easily available. Bagging the other clones wouldn't benefit my game.
Just always wonder what some dome would be like on a zone. I only own two one really old z and a new JB both puddle top.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 49
Niced 455 Times in 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlat View Post
Just always wonder what some dome would be like on a zone. I only own two one really old z and a new JB both puddle top.
No. No. No. No.

For me, the Zone is the perfect forehand approach disc because it is beadless and flat. I bag an A3 for this slot, but only throw it backhand because it has a bead and some dome. (which I hate for forehands) Basically, any time I need a forehand that short, I power down a MOAB or MD3. Then again, my forehand game SUUUUUUUCKS!

Old 04-21-2017, 03:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

^^^Samesies. The only time I bust out a forehand is on short chip shots, and the Buzzz OS and Zone is all it do.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 18
Niced 539 Times in 310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
No. No. No. No.

For me, the Zone is the perfect forehand approach disc because it is beadless and flat.
I agree. So why don't you bag a Zone?

I took the Zone out of my bag for about a year. Then over the Winter, when I always mess around with my game, I decided to play a few rounds all forehand. I put the Zone back in for my short approaches. It is now my primary approach shot (can control my accuracy much more now forehand than with my backhand). Zone will always be in my bag unless someone pays me to throw other discs (and if you have seen me play, you know that chance is slim to none).

Old 04-22-2017, 03:46 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
^^^Samesies. The only time I bust out a forehand is on short chip shots, and the Buzzz OS and Zone is all it do.
Same for me i love my Buzzz OS and Zone for short flicks but almost feel like there is to much overlap sometimes. And now that i am bagging a Envy for driving and just using my Wizards for putting i feel like it's overlap with the Z Buzzz. All i did was replace my Rhyno with a Zone and add a Envy and now i have overlap but at least i got a new favorite disc out of it the Envy (sorry Wizard but we can still putt together.