Old 04-27-2015, 12:36 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love my slightly domey TP world for distance shots, it started out overstable and now has good turn with reliable fade. But the last two TP worlds I've gotten online have been board flat. I threw one of them and it was out of the box stable-understable like my seasoned one. So the second one I just returned because I knew it was going to be similar. Have you World throwers had similar experiences with flat Worlds? I basically have to shop online and I'm having a hard time finding a good domey TP.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2015, 02:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 153
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Just got my first one. I liked the dome on the elasto but would probably prefer tp. Low profile is strange. Maybe forehand.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:28 AM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLa-Loc654 View Post
I love my slightly domey TP world for distance shots, it started out overstable and now has good turn with reliable fade. But the last two TP worlds I've gotten online have been board flat. I threw one of them and it was out of the box stable-understable like my seasoned one. So the second one I just returned because I knew it was going to be similar. Have you World throwers had similar experiences with flat Worlds? I basically have to shop online and I'm having a hard time finding a good domey TP.
Flat have a lower PLH, dome raises PLH making them more stable.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:30 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love it when this thread pops up...just knowing the disc is getting some love. I was fortunate enough to feels most of my worlds, so got myself a max weight domey VIP that is beefy (@ 400') a HPL 172 tourney that is straight to hard fade, a beat in 170 tourney that has nice turn with a nice come back, then a beat board flat 167 vip that will turn over for days and I have actually found to be a really nice roller too. This disc covers every single one of my shots unless there's a 25 mph headwind.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 65
Niced 104 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Hyzerman View Post
I use the Enforcer; I find it to be fast and long enough (with a little wear) to compliment VIP Worlds very well. I like the World but I don't trust it in massive headwinds - the Giant (the only one I've got is a flat TP) is a bit too beefy and short for my needs.
You have a Giant that is beefier than your Enforcers? I felt the giant had more glide and was straighter. I have been considering ditching the Stiletto and Giant for Enforcers. I do love the stiletto though...
Old 04-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Indeed; my flat TP Giant is more OS (with less glide) than either of the Enforcers I have (GBO Fuzion and FR Lucid). That being said, I've thrown Giants that were far more glidey, longer, and less OS than mine. The TP Giant I have is a legit 12/3/1/4 ... an absolute meathook of a disc. Definitely up for grabs if anyone actually wants it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
You have a Giant that is beefier than your Enforcers? I felt the giant had more glide and was straighter. I have been considering ditching the Stiletto and Giant for Enforcers. I do love the stiletto though...
Old 04-29-2015, 06:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
Niced 153 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Hyzerman View Post
Indeed; my flat TP Giant is more OS (with less glide) than either of the Enforcers I have (GBO Fuzion and FR Lucid). That being said, I've thrown Giants that were far more glidey, longer, and less OS than mine. The TP Giant I have is a legit 12/3/1/4 ... an absolute meathook of a disc. Definitely up for grabs if anyone actually wants it.
Sounds like two I've got. Faf tp, more like stiletto or x1. Definitely not the norm.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok so I guess tournament worlds are all coming out flat nowadays, which I don't like. I've asked both Disc Golf Center and Infinite Discs, and neither of them have one domey TP world. This sucks because I've found the flat ones to be much less stable.
I'll just have to keep using my giants for straight to fade lines, cuz all TP Worlds turn on me. (I don't like VIP/Elasto for max D)
Old 05-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 135
Niced 57 Times in 23 Posts

I have an older blue dome TP World pretty much unused. It's too fast and stable for me. Happy to send it if someone has a good trade.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:05 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 26.9
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

The first World I picked up was a misprint from the DD table at Am World Doubles last month. I picked up an "older?" VIP HukLab stamped world recently. Any idea how the plastics compare in flight or vs wind? I can chunk either disc farther than anything else I have ever picked up on a Forehand Anny. I get solid distance with a flat release FH/BH but not enough to put down Nukes/Cranks for those shots. But nothing shows my ability like a 400+' bomb with a high release and a massive L-to-R S-Turn. Unfortunately this means a wide-open throwing lane with plenty of room on the right side to do it's thing, and almost no headwind - which has caused both to turn and burn into a L-O-N-G Roller

Going back to my questions:
which plastic is going to be better in wind;
which for a "tighter" line;
Finally, how would the World and King compliment each other.

P.S. Spinach what are you needing in trade for that bad boy blue?