Old 07-25-2014, 07:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 486 Times in 367 Posts

^^ When I first saw/held an Inertia the first thought that came to mind was "looks and feels like a Valkyrie" Which is a good thing. Is it very similar? More Controlled? Faster? etc. I dont know
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2014, 10:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
MVP inertia is the valk killer. comes out in proton plastic aug 1st so those CE's can go in the sale bins'
I actually bag an inertia because of this right here. It does everything a semi beat in flat top 5x jk champ valk does but an easy 25-30 feet longer. That being said, MVP discs are way, way more nose angle sensitive IMO. Meaning you best have really clean form or the disc will be very unpredictable.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:13 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,087 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
^^ When I first saw/held an Inertia the first thought that came to mind was "looks and feels like a Valkyrie" Which is a good thing. Is it very similar? More Controlled? Faster? etc. I dont know
Very similar-- maybe a touch faster than some of the more domey/US valks similar to the flat champs I have thrown which seems like nate is referring to below. Very excited for the protons to be released next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedg1976 View Post
I actually bag an inertia because of this right here. It does everything a semi beat in flat top 5x jk champ valk does but an easy 25-30 feet longer. That being said, MVP discs are way, way more nose angle sensitive IMO. Meaning you best have really clean form or the disc will be very unpredictable.
definitely not torque friendly but by no means a hard disc to throw even at a lower power/skill level.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 46
Niced 2,954 Times in 1,282 Posts

I heard a local pro say one time that he never needed more than a Valkyrie 99% of the time. He is a wise man.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 6
Niced 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Very similar-- maybe a touch faster than some of the more domey/US valks similar to the flat champs I have thrown which seems like nate is referring to below. Very excited for the protons to be released next week.

definitely not torque friendly but by no means a hard disc to throw even at a lower power/skill level.
Aim I agree it is not a hard disc to throw if you learn it. Like any disc. I just think it is a bit more touchy than a valk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I heard a local pro say one time that he never needed more than a Valkyrie 99% of the time. He is a wise man.
Streets, this is true for me as well. Most of my tee shots at my home course are with a valk. All of them could be, but I do like bringing out the Destroyers on the open holes.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:29 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also throw a star valk as my go to driver with nearly same distance (325). I can get more distance (30?) with a tern thrown with the same technique. I have gone back to throwing the valk however because it is more forgiving, easier to grip, more versatile, and available in more plastic choices/weights.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 42
Niced 84 Times in 58 Posts

the Valk is a really cool disc. it will go as far as you want. it just takes practice and ironing out your form; if that's the road you want to take.

But if you want a new disc you have many options. If you want something more stable even a TeeBird will fit the bill. A max weight champ Valk will also be more stable.

I'm in the camp of work on your form, no just to hit some random distance but to learn how to make a flippy disc do a hard hyzer. The longer I play the more I like flippy discs. I went down the rabbit hole of seeking distance and it didn't really get me anything except being the longest throwing guy with a sub 800 rating.