Old 10-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Got mine in the mail today. I went to the park and it started pouring rain. The CD and CD2 flew pretty identical for me given about 8 throws each. Still way too early to tell what's going on with these.

I remain a fan of the CD. It's a great straight driver. It doesn't turn much, but won't fade hard either. It can easily stand up to mild-moderate headwinds, won't fade too hard at the end, and gets decent distance. It's like a more reliable/consistent Escape.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2014, 04:37 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

I personally wouldn't compare it to Escape at all. My CD was pretty much glideless whereas Escape is on the very other end of the spectrum. Also the CD is more stable than Escape.

These feelings are for the S-Line. For the soft P-line you can pretty much reverse both statements.

Last edited by Snaques; 10-09-2014 at 04:39 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 138
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 351 Times in 162 Posts

I liked the S-CD when I was a) driving sidearm and b) throwing 150s. S-CD sidearm flew like a Star Valk did backhand - some turn, healthy fade, good distance. CD was originally pegged as a "glidier Viking".

I am very interested to hear how the CD2 flies, especially the G-Line version. Comparisons to similar discs such as the Viking, Thunderbird, or Teebird/Eagle also greatly appreciated!
Old 12-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 83 Times in 65 Posts

I would do definitely like to hear more about this disc. Out of the box seasoned PD. Yes, please!
Old 12-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 331 Times in 150 Posts

I am prefacing this post with me being terrible at describing flights using the acronyms, so I decided to spell it out. I have posted previously about this disc in various other places and feel that I finally have a handle on it.

I carry a g-line and c-line CD2 and have been throwing them pretty regularly each round. The G-line for me flies closest to the numbers out of box. I throw LHBH and have been releasing it very flat and noticed slight turn followed by a healthy fade, not drastic by any means, as to be expected. This disc overall is very straight in flight and has been fun to throw. When I have purposely turned the disc off the tee I can still get it fade back nicely. My hyzers are weak, so for me when thrown on this line it flips to flat mid flight and fades. This disc reminds me of a longer beaten star teebird. The CD2 in C-line for me is more HSS for my arm speed and does not have much turn out of box (although I can make it turn off the tee if wanted). For me it flies very straight and has a nice fade at the end of flight. I would compare it more to a longer first run FD or a seasoned c-line PD. The 3 C-lines I got were all extremely stiff which I think reduced the amount of potential glide this disc could have.

Some last random thoughts: I can throw my g-line further than my c-line, my c-lines held up in the wind better and I found the c-lines more controllable off the tee (especially in the woods).

I would like to get my hands on a stock run c-line to see if the came out less stiff. For me the Aussie open runs are the stiffest followed by the usdgc run. If anyone needs clarification let me know!
Old 12-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder View Post
I am prefacing this post with me being terrible at describing flights using the acronyms, so I decided to spell it out. I have posted previously about this disc in various other places and feel that I finally have a handle on it.

I carry a g-line and c-line CD2 and have been throwing them pretty regularly each round. The G-line for me flies closest to the numbers out of box. I throw LHBH and have been releasing it very flat and noticed slight turn followed by a healthy fade, not drastic by any means, as to be expected. This disc overall is very straight in flight and has been fun to throw. When I have purposely turned the disc off the tee I can still get it fade back nicely. My hyzers are weak, so for me when thrown on this line it flips to flat mid flight and fades. This disc reminds me of a longer beaten star teebird. The CD2 in C-line for me is more HSS for my arm speed and does not have much turn out of box (although I can make it turn off the tee if wanted). For me it flies very straight and has a nice fade at the end of flight. I would compare it more to a longer first run FD or a seasoned c-line PD. The 3 C-lines I got were all extremely stiff which I think reduced the amount of potential glide this disc could have.

Some last random thoughts: I can throw my g-line further than my c-line, my c-lines held up in the wind better and I found the c-lines more controllable off the tee (especially in the woods).

I would like to get my hands on a stock run c-line to see if the came out less stiff. For me the Aussie open runs are the stiffest followed by the usdgc run. If anyone needs clarification let me know!
I will add that I could be wrong with the c-line plastic being stiff and the whole potential glide aspect. This is my first experience with truly stiff c-line plastic not in a midrange.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 43
Niced 217 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for the good breakdown. The G-CD2 sounds like I need to give it a shot.

A question about the bold part: Do you mean that it flies like a 2nd run C-FD? Generally the first runs are known as flying closer to S-Lines, whereas the 2nd runs are beefier like you described. Just wondering, thanks.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 138
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 351 Times in 162 Posts

Quote:
The G-line for me flies closest to the numbers out of box. . . . This disc reminds me of a longer beaten star teebird.
Sold! Thank you for taking the time to do such a thorough write-up.

How does the G-Line CD2 compare with the FD? Similar distance with more fade?
Old 12-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Thanks for the good breakdown. The G-CD2 sounds like I need to give it a shot.

A question about the bold part: Do you mean that it flies like a 2nd run C-FD? Generally the first runs are known as flying closer to S-Lines, whereas the 2nd runs are beefier like you described. Just wondering, thanks.
I am comparing it to my first runs (the clear pop tops that only came in two stamp colors) that are stable. When I throw those specific FD's they fly straight with a fade at the end of the flight. Although I would say just based on the straight flight to fade comparison, you are right in saying it would be close to the second runs. I just may be one of the only FD lovers who barely gave the second run the time of day

Old 12-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
Sold! Thank you for taking the time to do such a thorough write-up.

How does the G-Line CD2 compare with the FD? Similar distance with more fade?
Compared to the G-line FD? or just in general? I have yet to give my G-line FD's a solid test yet. But I guess I would say its closest to my S-line FD's just with more distance and fade as you stated.