Old 07-18-2015, 06:41 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 34 Times in 24 Posts

This disc is what I wanted the Spark to be. A beat in Felon. At the Trilogy Challenge today, most people said it just went left for them, but for me, it flipped to flat, maybe a little turn, but always faded at the end. It is the reason I was one stroke off first place. I ended up getting 3 more because I know its going in the bag to replace my seasoned Felons. This fills the "teebird" gap that was missing in my Trilogy only bag. Its more stable than a Saint Pro, but not as OS as the Felon. Amazing disc!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzteC View Post
This disc is what I wanted the Spark to be. A beat in Felon. At the Trilogy Challenge today, most people said it just went left for them, but for me, it flipped to flat, maybe a little turn, but always faded at the end. It is the reason I was one stroke off first place. I ended up getting 3 more because I know its going in the bag to replace my seasoned Felons. This fills the "teebird" gap that was missing in my Trilogy only bag. Its more stable than a Saint Pro, but not as OS as the Felon. Amazing disc!
Then what is the Spark?
Old 07-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Eagle Member

I got two Sparks, but only have been throwing one. It is VERY overstable. I really reminds me of a firebird to be honest. The profile is pretty much identical to the flat firm champ firebirds. It doesn't flip up to flat for me, its pretty much immediately starts fading. The one I'm throwing might just have a higher parting line though.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 541 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzteC View Post
This fills the "teebird" gap that was missing in my Trilogy only bag. Its more stable than a Saint Pro, but not as OS as the Felon. Amazing disc!
I found the Sampo to be much faster than a Teebird. Maybe like a speed 10. Seemed to fly very similar to the Thunderbird but a tad faster. Good disc but not really a fairway in my opinion. But if it fills a spot for you then that is great. It is so much fun trying new discs, but is just awesome when you find something you know is going to stay in your bag.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:27 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
I found the Sampo to be much faster than a Teebird. Maybe like a speed 10. Seemed to fly very similar to the Thunderbird but a tad faster. Good disc but not really a fairway in my opinion. But if it fills a spot for you then that is great. It is so much fun trying new discs, but is just awesome when you find something you know is going to stay in your bag.
Your probably right. It is faster than a teebird and a thunderbird may be a more accurate description. I was throwing thunderbirds for awhile to until I switched to trilogy. What makes it better than the thunderbird is the amount of glide it gets!
Old 07-20-2015, 12:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 53
Niced 15 Times in 12 Posts

I would describe it as a faster saint pro. Speed 11 ish- same glide and stability though.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 23
Niced 61 Times in 44 Posts

All I can think of when I see this disc's name is MST3K
Old 07-20-2015, 02:37 PM
Eagle Member

I have a hard time comparing it to the Saint Pro, only because for me, Saint Pros can be touchy. This is why I gravitated more toward Felons for my control shots of all types. I've since taken out my moonshine saint pros, but still do keep a GL Saint because the one I have is a lot more controllable. IMO, the Sampo has more high speed stability than the Saint Pro and maybe a little less fade.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Not a fan of the Sampo. Maybe it's the fluid plastic I don't care for, not really sure. Pink Sampos seem to just go straight with little or no fade. Blue metal flake Sampos have a decent amount of fade. Didn't make my bag, though.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:10 AM
Eagle Member

Footage of me throwing it at last weekends Trilogy Challenge. I'm Alex. A torrential downpour started at hole 4. Hole 6 hurt a lot. Wet towels and no grip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyNXzJmyAiE

Last edited by AzteC; 07-22-2015 at 02:13 AM.