Old 05-31-2015, 03:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 539 Times in 310 Posts
Default Trilogy Challenge 2015 Discs

I just played in Trilogy Challenge yesterday. Just some info on disc flight for those whose can't throw 500 like the guy in the review video. A little about myself for reference. I can throw my Tern 370 reliably and will usually hit 400 once or twice a round. I throw a Thief about 330-350, Roc3 260-280, Judge around 220-230. I hope this can be helpful for people that would like to practice with something similar before they play with these three new discs.

Latitude 64 Retro Macana - looks and feels like a hybrid of a Judge and a Dagger. Beaded with the rounded nose of Dagger but shallower, although not as shallow as the Judge. I putt with a Judge, so not too much difference there and on full throws flies very much the same as well. Did not get a chance to throw them back to back to actually compare, but I tried to throw it like I would my Judge and had pretty good success.

Dynamic Discs Fuzion Evidence - As I mentioned earlier, I throw a roc3 for my mid and these flew pretty close to one another although I think a little less stable than a Roc3, but not really enough to make much difference. Not quite as understable as the Claymore, which is what I was expecting based on the video review. Had a microbead similar to the Claymore and the nose looked virtually the same, but it had noticeably less turn .

Westside Discs Elasto Sampo - Flew and looked very similar to a champion Thunderbird. Was maybe a little faster and maybe slightly less stable. I only threw this a few times, but on a hole I normally throw my Thunderbird, the Sampo went just a little farther (about 10 feet) and not quite as much low speed fade. It also reminded me of a slightly faster, more stable Escape. It had less high speed turn than lucid Escape, but about the same fade. I also throw a Trespass and this seemed less stable and just a bit slower than that.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2015, 05:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 179
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

Thanks for your perspective!
Old 05-31-2015, 07:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 48
Niced 723 Times in 504 Posts

Great post-thanks.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 233 Times in 152 Posts

Sounds like a pretty interesting set of discs: perhaps not as beginner friendly as last year's batch?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 13
Niced 86 Times in 43 Posts

Interesting, I thought the Evidence was supposed to be understable. Seems silly to have another straight flyer since the Truth and Fugitive hold down that slot well.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

I was wondering the same.

Did the Evidence have a lot of flashing at the bottom of the rim? That can often times fool you and when it's gone the flight changes dramatically.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 71
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 868 Times in 595 Posts

I'm really interested in the Macana. Wish I could play in one of these but our local one is during my daughters dance recital.

I'll just have to wait and buy one when the overstocks start shipping.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 42.1
Courses Played: 223
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 104 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
Interesting, I thought the Evidence was supposed to be understable. Seems silly to have another straight flyer since the Truth and Fugitive hold down that slot well.
Played in a Trilogy Challenge yesterday. Found the Evidence to be understable enough to turn it over (RHFH).
Old 06-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shide View Post
Played in a Trilogy Challenge yesterday. Found the Evidence to be understable enough to turn it over (RHFH).
I was able to turn the Evidence also if I tried a little, but in the second round of my Trilogy Challenge, we were able to add last years discs. I had not thrown the Claymore since last year, so it is not broken in at all. I was able to thrown it on a hyzer and flip it and turn just a bit or throw it flat and it would turn more, then flatten out and almost come back to the center line at which I threw it. However, I got a very neutral flight with slight fade on the Evidence when I threw it flat. I expected it to be much closer to the Claymore, but mine wasn't. Granted, mine could have been a fluke, but I would call it neutral, not understable.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I'm really interested in the Macana. Wish I could play in one of these but our local one is during my daughters dance recital.

I'll just have to wait and buy one when the overstocks start shipping.
I noticed you are in Atlanta; as am I. I have a feeling you will start seeing the Macana at PIAS soon. Although I quite liked it (probably won't take a spot in my bag because it is so similar to the Judge), of the six other people I played with, two openly disliked it. When I mentioned I liked it to them, they said I must be the only one.