Old 06-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 15 Times in 12 Posts

Had some field time with my Trilogy challenge discs yesterday- heres how they flew for me, and some profile pictures.

Macana on Left, Wizard on Right

The Macana is pretty much a Trilogy Wizard. Feels almost identical in the hand, throws almost exactly the same. Maybe a touch more glide on the Macana. Was getting 225-250 on a standstill- straight with a reliable fade. The only difference I noticed was the rim was slightly more blunt on the Macana, as you can see in the picture.

Evidence on Left, Fuse on Right

The Evidence is a little more stable than I thought it would be. Dead straight throw and it will work a nice S curve. Thrown on an Anny, and it will hold the line for a while but will fight out of it if given enough height. A little bit of Hyzer will flip it straight. It has more high speed turn than my Core, but also more low speed fade.

Sampo on Left, Sword on Right

This felt like a long Saint Pro to me. Speed 11ish, would hold a dead straight line with a reliable fade- thrown repeatedly to 350-360 at about 80-90%. I didnt notice any turn at all. The fade wasnt too hard at the end either, and if thrown low, would have a decent skip.

Overall, I would rate these as (real numbers, not Trilogy numbers)

Macana- 3/5/0/2
Evidence- 5/5/-1/2
Sampo- 11/5/0/3
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2015, 02:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 233 Times in 152 Posts

Wow, Sampo is not at all what I thought it was going to be - looks like a real interesting disc.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 21
Courses Played: 29
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I played in our Trilogy Challenge today. A fun tournament.

Fusion Evidence - my favorite of the three discs. A straight flyer with a ton of glide. I was able to get about 30-40 more feet with the Evidence than with my Ibex.

Retro Macana - A big, big putter. Great off the tee slightly over-stable, it never felt right in my hand putting. Also bounced completely out of the bottom of the basket after hitting center chains. Ended up 3 feet away from the basket costing me a stroke.

Elasto Sampo - I wanted to like this disc, but found it to be too overstable for my game and couldn't control it. I threw it 4 times - hit two trees, one electric pole, and sent it into the creek the fourth time.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 120
Niced 75 Times in 46 Posts

The Evidence looks very interesting to me. Any comparisons to the Claymore? Comparisons to the Truth? Looks like it's right between the two?
Old 06-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I felt the Evidence had a good bit more glide than the Truth or the Fugitive.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:18 PM

Niced 10 Times in 6 Posts

My thoughts after our TC today:

Macana - Felt good in the hand but I didn't care for it overall. It was pretty nice as an approach disc but I couldn't get comfortable with it as a putter. Approach wise it didn't come out of a slight touch anny like I'd prefer from a slightly OS putter but it flew straight. I push putt and it just seemed to either fall out of the sky short or sail over the top. I had more success with harder thrown spin putts. Least popular of the 3 from our tournament.

Evidence - Straight and long. It is a nice mid but it won't bump out anything I currently throw. I was hoping it would be US enough to fill the US slot in my bag but I struggled to throw the long US lines I usually throw at our course with it. Not what I hoped for but it was still a good disc. The most popular of the 3 at our tournament.

Sampo - Fairway to Driver speed and moderate OS. Somewhere between a Saint Pro and Felon. Lots more glide than a felon and you can work some anny into the flight easier. I don't love the elasto plastic, especially in the southern heat. I'm interested in the VIP runs. The disc was about 50/50 for people at our tournament.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:03 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

I'm curious about Sampo as people seem to compare it to the fairway drivers. It has the same ring thickness as Trespass so how does it compare to that? More OS? Closer to Bio Enforcer?

I do think that the Elasto plastic is probably going to fool a lot of people as it is generally a lot more stable than VIP and TP. Will be interesting to see where this fits in once they have it out in mass production.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:26 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Evidence is the starchild of this year's Trilogy Challenge. Very workable mid with a ton of glide. Reminds me of an old school buzzz with a bit more fade at the end. I threw this 50 feet past where I could throw the Sampo. We had two aces at our TC. One with the Evidence and one with the Macana
Old 06-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Evidence sounds like a warship... is that accurate?

Old 06-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 21
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosula View Post
Evidence sounds like a warship... is that accurate?
What do you mean by warship?