Old 06-03-2015, 10:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Love these types of charts. Wish Innova and a few others had them like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

I'm surprised that the MD is missing. They surely knew it was coming so they could've prepared for it.

Would be nice to actually see how they place it in relation to their other mids.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I really like the chart, easy to read for beginners. If they can pick out a better disc for themselves they'll be less likely to get frustrated and quit. They don't realize what the numbers mean until the throw it...even then they don't know what disc to pick next based on current numbers.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,057 Times in 493 Posts

No X-line plastic listed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 06-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 30
Niced 97 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickles View Post
I really like the chart, easy to read for beginners. If they can pick out a better disc for themselves they'll be less likely to get frustrated and quit. They don't realize what the numbers mean until the throw it...even then they don't know what disc to pick next based on current numbers.
Agreed. And a shout out to MVP for doing this kind of thing first
Old 06-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
How does the DD compare to a Wraith?
More Stable. Just amazing if you have a big arm, they will just bomb straight and then fade off. Even in pro plastic at 169G the one i'm throwing has full HSS still can't wait to see what it does after a few dings! This Pro plastic seems to be holding up very well as well I've drilled a few trees and have nothing but a scuff to show for it. S lines are a bit beefier, and the C lines are depending on which run you would get, the most overstable discs they have haha. My JL is a brick compared to even my PD2's.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogurt View Post
More Stable. Just amazing if you have a big arm, they will just bomb straight and then fade off. Even in pro plastic at 169G the one i'm throwing has full HSS still can't wait to see what it does after a few dings! This Pro plastic seems to be holding up very well as well I've drilled a few trees and have nothing but a scuff to show for it. S lines are a bit beefier, and the C lines are depending on which run you would get, the most overstable discs they have haha. My JL is a brick compared to even my PD2's.
Guess I'll continue the thread derail...

I have a stiff Star Wraith with a really high PLH. Never seen another like it. It's really overstable and won't flip, so I use it for severe headwinds, forehands, rollers, utility skips, etc.

The DD is what I'm after then to replace this bad boy? I've been wondering what to do when I lost it. I really don't want to go any wider-rimmed than the Wraith. A Destroyer, for example, just doesn't feel right in my hand.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
How does the DD compare to a Wraith?
Very close. DD is a bit more stable
Old 06-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
Guess I'll continue the thread derail...

I have a stiff Star Wraith with a really high PLH. Never seen another like it. It's really overstable and won't flip, so I use it for severe headwinds, forehands, rollers, utility skips, etc.

The DD is what I'm after then to replace this bad boy? I've been wondering what to do when I lost it. I really don't want to go any wider-rimmed than the Wraith. A Destroyer, for example, just doesn't feel right in my hand.
Go for the DD. I can get mine to about 415 ft, and there is not even a hint of turn, and this is in pro plastic. They have flat topped ones on the DM store that will turn a bit with power, but any normal star or even pro in my case (ive only thrown my one) will be very HSS. It's a true straight, to left flight. You can yell at me if you find out differently.

Edit: I also recommend checking out the DM store site. They list out very specifically their different runs and what they do, and what plastic does what on a disc etc. Very cool.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogurt View Post
Go for the DD. I can get mine to about 415 ft, and there is not even a hint of turn, and this is in pro plastic. They have flat topped ones on the DM store that will turn a bit with power, but any normal star or even pro in my case (ive only thrown my one) will be very HSS. It's a true straight, to left flight. You can yell at me if you find out differently.

Edit: I also recommend checking out the DM store site. They list out very specifically their different runs and what they do, and what plastic does what on a disc etc. Very cool.
Cool, thanks for the rec on the DD. Color me intrigued. I throw a little shorter than that so this sounds good.

I've got a stack of mini stamp x-P1X from their online store. To the detriment of my wallet, I've been there.