Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 07-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 49 Times in 36 Posts

Eagle X. Star would be ok if you find a firm one, gummy star EX will turn more. Better would be one in champ. Circle stamps don't turn much at all when fresh and have a healthy fade. I have a new run pearly JL that flies like the circle stamps.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Not sure if the disc you seek exists. A champion Eagle "X" might work. An FD-2 is very similar to a Banshee despite what the numbers say.

Another option is to move up in speed and just make a clean smooth easy throw with a 9 or 10 speed disc. A C-CD-2, Saint Pro or Pro Orc might work for the shot you're looking for. Another option is a powered down slight annie release flex shot with a Predator. I find the Predator to be a very user friendly overstable Disc.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

brinster teebird

eagle x

2nd run FD

FD2

banshee
Old 07-06-2015, 12:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 140
Niced 1,108 Times in 552 Posts

AJ Bird (Brinsters have less glide to me), a light mild-dome Firebird, a beefy champ Eagle X (circle stamp, high PLH champ)
Old 07-06-2015, 12:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 88
Niced 855 Times in 442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherainscome View Post
I'm not sure your first two requirements fit with "high fade." Straight-stable and high glide has a lot of options. You'll be hard pressed to find "high fade" without overstable + low glide.
this is the correct assessment. the definition of overstable is to have low glide, ie they don't want to stay in the air very long.

a flat champ teebird or domey champ banshee are going to be closest to what OP describes, though.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 16
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
... you might try to find a teebird with a slightly higher plh. The fade will start a little sooner.
.. apologies for hi-jacking a thread, but what does 'plh' stand for please? (for those of us new folk)
Old 07-06-2015, 01:23 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,087 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat View Post
.. apologies for hi-jacking a thread, but what does 'plh' stand for please? (for those of us new folk)
its just a little higher wing (parting line height) which makes a disc fly more overstable vs a lower wing or "PLH". You will notice many understable drivers have a low PLH while the overstable ones have a high PLH.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,376 Times in 1,522 Posts

Thunderbird? Yeah it's faster but it's still a control driver, mellow enough to be glidey, and has the fade.

If your Teebird is star/gstar you can always try champ.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 11
Niced 20 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
What about the Teebird+? I read somewhere that it flies slightly more stable than normal Teebirds
You have to find the plus molds that have the patent numbers. They are stiff and are nicely overstable compared to the average champ Teebird. Unfortunately they are getting harder to find. Also, they are Cal molds which might be a hint as to why they are a little more overstable

Old 07-06-2015, 02:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 69
Niced 94 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Season one up. The flight you are looking for really isn't something that's going to happen with a fresh disc.
For the most part, this ^, as I see it...either season one into what you want, or learn to manipulate it out of it. That Spark you mentioned, if it retains HS stability as you beat it up, but keeps that biting fade, it'll get there. (Or else, you have to be able to overpower it, throw it well "past" it's speed rating.)

Eagle might start there for you, I get this flight from a new, max wt. Servo, which is Eagle X like. (But the Servo will eventually start turning/fading, so that a hyzer flip is necessary to get that lazer-->hard fade shot.)

I tend, @ full power, to put a very mild anny/OAT on the disc more naturally as opposed to a natural hyzer, so I can get this kind of shot from a Resistor (like a Banshee, or it looks like, a Spark) fairly consistently...which that shot is a thing of beauty on low lines. Turns left late and on rails.