Old 01-19-2016, 05:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 49.5
Courses Played: 3
Niced 157 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswoods1984 View Post
Ontarios are the most popular for most, and that is mainly due to their flat consistent profile. Next would be San Marino and then the least favorite generally being Rancho. The Ontarios came in Champ, Star, Pro, R Pro, SE, CE and DX. I believe both Ranchos are/were available in all of those except CE and also offered in XG and GStar, San Marinos are/were offered in all of the mentioned plastics except CE, SE and GStar if I'm not mistaken. Flights are fairly consistent, but the plastic blends and profiles are most popular in Ontario Mold, unless XG, then probably San Marino Mold.
Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. I'm loving my San Marino so far and plan on getting more, many more.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 29
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Some of the early champ San Marinos are just as flat as the Ontarios and for those wanting to try out their first champ Rhyno, you can still get near stock price for SM's over collectable Ont's and get the same basic thrower.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:47 AM
* Ace Member *

XG is the gummy champ plastic, right? Just picked up a gummy champ Rhyno off feebay, can't wait to compare to my DX.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:51 AM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 481
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 718 Times in 309 Posts

Look up Arocep or whitefedora. They're going to know everything you need.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmcgee View Post
XG is the gummy champ plastic, right? Just picked up a gummy champ Rhyno off feebay, can't wait to compare to my DX.
Mine was a little less stable than the Ontario champs but nothing stops more dead on a hyzer spike better... almost tombstoning-like. I ended up trading mine cause the gap it filled between my Ontario Pro and champ was too narrow.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Also, I finally got around to trying the Ontario star last month and had to buy a second to see if the first was a fluke but my two stars are by far the most stable rhynos I've thrown.

Sort of does this really have a use type of stable.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

It's also worth noting that the R-Pro Ontarios have a thicker flight plate and come in different plastic blends than the San Marinos.

Ontario R-Pro = Amazing approach discs
San Marino R-Pro = spongy, floppy and barely qualify as Rhynos
Old 01-19-2016, 05:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 500 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswoods1984 View Post
I'm not all that familiar with the Scale, but I do bag a Berg, and while I REALLY like it, it's not by any means a replacement for the Rhyno. Very different discs!
Ok no prob. Just wanted to toss in the HARP as another disc similar to a rhyno. I'm no expert, just wanted to share. Peace
Old 01-19-2016, 08:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Look up Arocep or whitefedora. They're going to know everything you need.
Arocep's thread on Rhyno Collectors has some good info in it, not all the way through it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questatement View Post
Mine was a little less stable than the Ontario champs but nothing stops more dead on a hyzer spike better... almost tombstoning-like. I ended up trading mine cause the gap it filled between my Ontario Pro and champ was too narrow.
Hope my XG is Ontario, looking for short utility/approach to compliment the DX in the approach/putt cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questatement View Post
Also, I finally got around to trying the Ontario star last month and had to buy a second to see if the first was a fluke but my two stars are by far the most stable rhynos I've thrown.

Sort of does this really have a use type of stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
It's also worth noting that the R-Pro Ontarios have a thicker flight plate and come in different plastic blends than the San Marinos.

Ontario R-Pro = Amazing approach discs
San Marino R-Pro = spongy, floppy and barely qualify as Rhynos
More good info to keep in mind for when I make it to a PIAS to check out more Rhynos.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 541 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmcgee View Post
Hope my XG is Ontario, looking for short utility/approach to compliment the DX in the approach/putt cycle.

I don't think any XG's are Ontario molds, but you could luck out and get a nice flat one either way.

I personally really like Star Ontarios. Most that I own are very gummy, really Gstar before it had a name. Of the five I own, the two whites have just the smallest amount of dome and a raised nipple area in the center of the flight plate and are the gummiest of the bunch, two yellows are boards flat and just ever so slightly less gummy but still within the Gstar spectrum, and one blue that is much domier and stiff Star plastic (I bought it online b/c it was Ontario and thought it would be like the others). I also have a Gstar that is a San Marino, only slightly more domey than my whites. I have noticed that that some non Ontario Stars are basically the same gummy feel and flatness as mine, but only certain colors (mostly white).