Old 12-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Top 3 favorite companies and why

What are your top 3 favorite companies and why?

1. Lat 64 - So consistent in molds and really holds true to the flight ratings of the disc. The opto line plastic just feels so comfy and everything fits in the hand nicely with a super clean release thats effortless. Very durable and grippy.

2. Discraft - Really reliable in how the discs fly. I can through a nuke and all 5 of them fly the same exact way. Downfall..slippy grip in all plastics. Very awkward to hold in a majority of the molds. Their drivers are just obnoxiously fat with rims and their buzzz is an amazing disc but is just so awkward to hold. If it wasnt for the grip they might be number 1.

3. Still trying to find the big number 3. So far its a toss up between MVP and Prodigy. MVP flies so nice but that outer gyro plastic just makes them flies off trees ridiculously far even if not thrown that hard. Prodigy discs seem to be more overstable then what it says in its flight ratings so when i bought one that has a -2 for HST it feels like its a +1 for HST so I have to change up my lines. Due to these facts I would have to go with the MVP because of the more reliable flight ratings.

The least favorite - Innova...Every mold flies different. I could throw 5 diff valks and one would be understable, one super understable, one stable, and one overstable. Plus who wants what 80% of the disc golf community has anyways! But really, Its like buying a new mold of disc everytime you buy a beast.

Okay whats your opinions?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2015, 07:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,059 Times in 495 Posts

Wut?
Old 12-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 15 Times in 14 Posts

Innova- Without these guys, we would probably not have golf discs at all. Credit where credit is due. Good luck finding a company with more iconic molds. I include Millennium and Discmania molds under this umbrella.

Discraft- Without these guys, Innova would have had no competition or reason to progress. Many iconic molds from these guys as well. I include DGA molds under this umbrella.

I have no clear-cut number three. Toss-up between Trilogy and Gateway.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:04 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do the longer distance drivers from your top listed companies have those big outer rims like the innova?

Just asking, as an old thrower I cannot get used to the larger lip.

Sorry to hijack your thread.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:08 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,087 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
Wut?
i read the first few lines and wanted to throw up.

I just was reading an old top 5 makers thread earlier while searching...wow!
Old 12-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,208 Times in 613 Posts

1. Innova - As much as I tried to get away from them, they really do make the best molds in the game. I'd struggle to replace the Wizard and Zone if I went single company, but Innova would be the only company I'd pick.

2. Gateway - I only throw the Wizard, but I love that they're a boutique manufacturer. They can match just about any feel and flex you want and seem to keep improving their already stellar plastic blends.

3. MVP/Axiom - Great plastic blends, great squared core putters, and drivers that are readily available in 150-class. I have had some random flight consistency issues in the past with one mold, but they're really working towards perfection of their products in a way that all the other manufacturers aren't. Really looking forward to seeing them grow.

Honorable mention (and it damn near took the third spot) goes to Discraft. They make the Zone. Enough said.

Least favorite - Don't have one. I've tried almost every manufacturer out there, and I like molds from them all.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
i read the first few lines and wanted to throw up.

I just was reading an old top 5 makers thread earlier while searching...wow!
Well hopefully it tasted just as good on the way back up. I've tried from innova the leopard, valk, beast, turn, etc.... the truly only one ide put in my bag is the beast..i ended up giving both of mine away to some kid who was just starting out. Just feel like I have other things that fly better....
Old 12-06-2015, 07:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 125 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohopkid View Post
Well hopefully it tasted just as good on the way back up. I've tried from innova the leopard, valk, beast, turn, etc.... the truly only one ide put in my bag is the beast..i ended up giving both of mine away to some kid who was just starting out. Just feel like I have other things that fly better....
Hope that Aviar, Roc, TB, Eagle, Wraith, Destroyer, Firebird were included in that "etc." before you make a statement like that.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
Hope that Aviar, Roc, TB, Eagle, Wraith, Destroyer, Firebird were included in that "etc." before you make a statement like that.
Aviar yes..gave it away not grippy to chains, roc havnt tried. TB everyone says get eagle no, wraith no, destroyer no, firebird yes...maybe maybe ill try them if someone has them..

I didnt mean to start an argument with this thread i just wanted to see what people thought.
With what their validation is.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,994 Times in 1,296 Posts

O man, Innovabashing, that's fresh.