Old 12-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

My favorites;

1) Innova. I can always find something I want. Yeah, there are inconsistencies (just as every company has) but I've learned enough now to know how to pick what I like in certain molds.

2)Dynamic Discs. Love the molds and plastic

3) Discraft. Could be number "1" if they had more plastic options in certain molds. I can't stand "Z" plastic.

Not asked in the OP post, but Least favorite? Lat64. I have had the worst luck and found the most inconsistencies with their discs. And Westside, their flight numbering system is a joke, take 1 or 2 off the HSS and LSF and you might be close. Not saying they're bad companies, just haven't had the best luck with them.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2015, 07:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 106
Niced 309 Times in 141 Posts

I really can't put them in sequence because each of the three companies has critical molds in my bag and these are the only three that I have discs from at all.

Innova
My first discs and they still make up about half of my bag.
Aviars (P&A, Big Bead, JK), Stingrays, Roadrunner and Terns

Discraft
Buzzz kicked out Roc.
Otherwise, they have a hold on my overstable options; Zone, Hornet, Drone, Predator.

Millennium
My go to drivers, unless I need max open distance of the Terns; QOLFs and SOLFs.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohopkid View Post
Aviar yes..gave it away not grippy to chains, roc havnt tried. TB everyone says get eagle no, wraith no, destroyer no, firebird yes...maybe maybe ill try them if someone has them..

I didnt mean to start an argument with this thread i just wanted to see what people thought.
With what their validation is.
If you have not tried a Roc, Teebird, or Destroyer you have not tried some of the best from Innova. Maybe it could be better to try said molds instead of posting thread.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 346 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT763 View Post
By "worn", I mean when the bottom portion of the rim erodes away from repeated friction, just to clarify. And to me, a worn Aviar and a fresh Magic are very close in both feel and flight. Blunter nose on the Magic for sure though.

I just found it odd that someone would bash the Aviar and then praise the Magic is all.
He was bashing innova over consistency issues. That's why he like gateway so much. Super consistent all the time...
Old 12-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welch View Post
If you have not tried a Roc, Teebird, or Destroyer you have not tried some of the best from Innova. Maybe it could be better to try said molds instead of posting thread.
I have my bestfriends Roc in my bag right now that he left in my truck i'll give it a shot. If i find someone whose got TB or Destroyer then ill try it. I havent given Innovas better plastics a chance.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:01 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
He was bashing innova over consistency issues. That's why he like gateway so much. Super consistent all the time...
Their putters are not consistent by any means, I wont get Wizards online. I go into the store and feel them out some are domey, some are flat, some are flexable some are hard. Some SSS are not soft at all but thier mediums are SSS. I get it
Old 12-06-2015, 08:33 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 15 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post

Hahaha see I have been using the same putter for a decade, so that does not affect me. I will be the first to admit my Aviar was a turd out of the box, too overstable to be considered a true Aviar. You have to allow premium plastics (like old school Star) to season before you really see what they can do.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 140
Niced 1,108 Times in 552 Posts

1. Millinnomania- They run this sh!t.
2. Discraft - Comet, Zone, amazing plastics.
3. Gateway - Great putters, best plastics, best prices. And they'll pick up the phone and hook you up.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 15
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

1. Discraft. I like their consistency in terms of every ESP buzzz I have bought has performed the same as the last one. My bag is also build more around mids--a lot of the courses I play are relatively short and wooded. I also really like the avenger and predator for drivers. That being said, I get peeved that they only make certain discs in certain plastic types. i.e. no premium plastic putters unless you pay a pretty penny.

2. Innova. Although I don't really have it in my bag any more, the Teebird had been a staple in my bag for years. I really like their champion plastic, more than I like Z plastic. Especially since, and this is just me recently noticing, the champ plastic I have seen in the stores is semi-gummy.

3. Gateway/MVP. I used wizards and recently switched to Ion's. I loved my wizards and I loved that the baseline-type plastic that gateway produces appears to be substantially more durable than other plastic out there. Now that I have used ions and am increasingly fond of them MVP is growing into a more favored brand by myself. I don't think MVP could necessarily push my mids out but that remains to be seen I suppose.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 65
Niced 103 Times in 77 Posts

Used to be discraft, but I got sick of oop plastics and molds.

#1 discmania.
Solid line of discs, best customer service. Label and define their runs and sell them as such. I also like they cater to the competitive player. The spin off brands (discgolf park) and tour are good for the sport.

#2 dynamic
They are really trying to change the way tourneys are run and have been a company I have liked to support even before they were making discs. They kicked discraft out of my bag. Verdict is what I was looking for in a buzzz with predictable fade.
I wish they werent pumping out a mold a month, but whatever.

innova? Never been the biggest fan, but do love they have kept some classic discs around and do still mess with runs of stuff. (you know there are g* pegasus on the factory store?) They have arguably done more for the game than the rest but... I cannot get past things like major retools or completely different discs (eagle l vs x) without any notation or anything else. Also bugs me baseline plastic quality has declined over time (to meet price point for big box stores?).

#3 idk. I like most disc golf companies. Probably millennium. Their run notation is good. That and the qms.