And DD for its Mids
Old 12-08-2015, 12:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 32
Niced 431 Times in 262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
I think it's interesting that companies are being listed as favorites solely for one disc.

That's impressive for that one disc, and unfortunate for the other multitude of duds in their.
I feel that strongly about the Resistor.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 515 Times in 202 Posts

I love pretty much all DG companies out there. I could very easily build a versatile lineup from pretty much ever major brand out there and not be too upset about it. With that in mind... picking just 3 is quite tough. Here are my gut picks:

- Innova: The Roc is without a doubt the best midrange for my game. I love them and they really work for my style of play. Without them I would be pretty upset and my game would certainly suffer. I also have always clicked with Teebirds. I don't particularly enjoy any of Innova's PnA's, sans the good Rhyno's, but that is fine. Can't win them all.

- Gateway: Wizard, Warrior, RDG production... the really are the masters of baseline. I have had my affairs with their drivers (and had a lot of success with some of them) but I just keep coming back to a few molds that I can't kick. Wizards are THE putter in disc golf. Every company wishes they produced that disc and yet no one can do it quite like Gateway. Their mid ranges are criminally underutilized and their drivers are fun, although unconventional.

- MVP/Axiom: I am really passionate about flat topped drivers. I have small hands so a few molds I just really require a flat top for a comfortable grip. Photons are the best distance driver available for my style of play. While I do agree their discs don't have a ton of glide, I don't rely on glide in most cases. I really like that discs like the Crave, Vector, Photon, etc. can pretty well handle as much power as you can give the disc. They hold up, fly their flight and fade out. I really like gunning my distance drivers with a touch of anny and just getting big flex lines to creep out distance. GYRO is great for this style of play.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 14 Times in 11 Posts

Jussi is my favorite company and should be in charge of everything

Old 12-08-2015, 04:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 455 Times in 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB Four View Post
Jussi is my favorite company and should be in charge of everything
So... I see you don't bag JCassidy/MCarter's molds... You may want to reconsider after throwing some Reptilian!

Honestly, I took a 1/2 day off today for a doctor's appt and got out WAY early so I was able to get to a course I'm not usually at and took my Reptilian Disc Golf Gecko bag filled with 2x RDG Scales (Armor and Fossil) RDG Serpent (RFF - it's cold up here) RDG Ptero (main driver for the round) and RDG Raptor (OS driver) - ALL RDG ROUND!

RDG is by far my favorite company. Not going to fill every slot, but will fill the unique slots and you'll still have the pride of supporting the "little guy" who actually listens to feedback and improves, then stocks what the consumers truly want.

#RDGFTW