Old 03-01-2018, 07:55 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,851 Times in 1,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by livextreme9 View Post
I take it there isn't much DDX love out there with all of the other high speed driver molds on the market?
It's a good disc, but it was hyped as a Tern-like disc with a bit of stability to it. But it didn't live up to the hype. Add to it that Discmania discs can be hard to get here in the USA (people who have waited for P2s and FDs know what I mean), and the DDx never really took off. All JMHO, of course.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-01-2018, 11:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 160 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by livextreme9 View Post
I take it there isn't much DDX love out there with all of the other high speed driver molds on the market?
i think this is a bad take. it actually is a more overstable tern, something players have yearned for.

its a weird combo though: with a PD2 top (which is massively overstable) and tern bottom that results in an initial tern flight (s curve) to a dumpy fade which needs a dedicated full throw (a little more height and space) and requires a LOT of trust in the disc to do its thing.

so for a lot of players with a little less armspeed that loved that needed that overstable tern to handle a little more wind and torque during all out throws it was a god send. but for players with already big arms throwing destroyers and pd2's 400ft not so much.

its just not that popular with touring pros because of that. just like how you don't see paul mcbeth throwing terns for distance. but for regular players with less armspeed it actually can be their overstable terns, because it its.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,415 Times in 1,540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningDoc View Post
its a weird combo though: with a PD2 top (which is massively overstable) and tern bottom that results in an initial tern flight (s curve) to a dumpy fade which needs a dedicated full throw (a little more height and space) and requires a LOT of trust in the disc to do its thing.
I agree. I haven't thrown beat ones, but new-ish ones have way more dumpy fade than there should be of a disc in that HSS range. Even if they just pop up for me the fade dumps like crazy. Too much LSS for a max distance disc to me...no way I could throw them max D. And in that same distance range I can throw other discs that are straighter.