Old 03-11-2018, 05:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 722 Times in 505 Posts

Sheriff is faster than trespass. Haven't thrown the sword so I'd on know sheriff and trespass both workable. Giant is pretty OS for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 126 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadair View Post
My longest drives have been with my Star Terns around 165g. But I have to buy 4 of them to get one in the stability I want.
Ever tried "tuning" the stability of your frisbees?Bend the disc downward to lower the PLH or bend it upward to raise the PLH.. this trick works great for drivers. Definitely should start doing that instead of buying 4 of one mold to get your flight..
Old 03-11-2018, 06:42 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 98 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
Ever tried "tuning" the stability of your frisbees?Bend the disc downward to lower the PLH or bend it upward to raise the PLH.. this trick works great for drivers. Definitely should start doing that instead of buying 4 of one mold to get your flight..
Yeaah....this is a stupid wives tale. It’s about as true as believing that red discs are more over stable than other colors. This is in your head my dude.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,818 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w View Post
Yeaah....this is a stupid wives tale. It’s about as true as believing that red discs are more over stable than other colors. This is in your head my dude.
Tuning a disc, or using hot water to attempt to reshape it, works best when a disc gets warped sitting in the garage with stuff piled on it, etc. It can bring the disc back to original shape, or close enough to make it useful again.

However, I've found that tuning treatments don't work so well to just make a disc less (or more) flat or domey, overstable or understable. And when you do get some effect, it'll only be temporary and the disc will tend to want to go back to its original form and flight pattern. But hey! if it seems to work for you, keep on keepin' on with it...
Old 03-11-2018, 08:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,376 Times in 1,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartigan5279 View Post
I think Latitude's distance driver lineup is pretty saturated. They could probably do away with a few molds and still have everything covered just fine.

That being said how would you compare the Trespass, Sword, and Sheriff? I assume the Trespass is the most stable of the 3? But how different are the flights of the Sheriff and Sword and is the Sheriff considerably longer?

Also, from you experience is the Giant as overstable as the Defender and Gladiator?
Trespass and Sword can be very similar and overlap a lot. Sword is very straight more like -1/1 and Trespass may be more -1/2. But they can both get worked in for hyzer flip/turnover shots. Very neutral drivers, almost fairway like shot shapes if you have the power to throw speed 11-12 discs easily. The Sheriff is a touch faster and I think flexes out of the turn a bit more. I think the Sheriff is most stable because of the fade portion, but it also can have significant turn...more shape overall if it's not a super HSS one. Sword generally is least stable. All are great, Sheriff is more open max D but still controllable, and Trespass/Sword are a bit better for tunnels if you want to throw a fast disc.

I have thrown some very overstable Giants so yeah they can be as overstable as a Defender. I don't think I've thrown a Gladiator.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:45 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,123 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
There are way too many trilogy molds for me to keep up with considering I haven't really thrown them. Can one of you nice gents please tell me what are the more popular/better max distance drivers from trilogy?
Max D? The Sheriff is the newest, erm, sheriff in town. I haven't thrown one but it looks very similar to a Shryke, stable Tern kind of disc. Here's what I've dabbled in:

Dynamic:
• Freedom: Really fast, really flippy.
• Trespass: Trilogy Destroyer. Most like to turn and hook up, some are pigs.
• Felon: More Trilogy Predator than FB, a little sleeker. Good to cycle.

Latitude:
• Ballista: Really fast, fairly stable but not immune to headwinds.

Westside:
• Giant: Dependable OS, beaten in TP or Recycled Giants have solid distance.
• King: Fast, floaty and flippy. Domey, high PLH Kings are huge bombers; most are tailwind/turnover suitable.
• Destiny: A slightly less flippy King.
• Sword: Like a seasoned Wraith, really straight, forward fading. Great DD for controlled, measured throwers.

If you don't like off the shelf, flip for distance drivers a lot of Trilogy guys use BioFuzion/Recycled OS molds like Giants, Defenders, etc for the power huks.

Niced: (2)

Old 03-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 126 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w View Post
Ahh, bull****. I know it works and know many people who do it.