#21  
Old 12-07-2016, 01:45 PM
tomte tomte is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 497
Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzteC View Post
BT BARDS. Feldberg told me this weekend that 2017 will get a production run of Bards in the plastic this year.
I hope this is not just a marketing speech from Feldberg...
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-07-2016, 06:37 PM
TerryTuffskins's Avatar
TerryTuffskins TerryTuffskins is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 183
Niced 48 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomte View Post
I hope this is not just a marketing speech from Feldberg...
I think there have been repeated indications that they would sell, a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-30-2016, 10:28 PM
jeffsk jeffsk is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 229
Niced 106 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Given how much I have loved the Northman in BT as it has become more easily accessible, I certainly echo the sentiments of many others that widening BT distribution stateside would be beyond excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-31-2016, 07:43 AM
tomte tomte is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 497
Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsk View Post
Given how much I have loved the Northman in BT as it has become more easily accessible, I certainly echo the sentiments of many others that widening BT distribution stateside would be beyond excellent.
Stateside? They are welcome to start in Finland and Scandinavia...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-31-2016, 09:25 AM
jeffsk jeffsk is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 229
Niced 106 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomte View Post
Stateside? They are welcome to start in Finland and Scandinavia...
I had no idea. Just assumed a wider variety of molds were more readily available in BT over there...so, I learned something today.

That being said, though it seems the most vocal push has been for the Bard in BT production I personally would lobby for a Longbowman run and would take that over a new mold any day. Regardless, I think it says something about a company's lineup (the quality and lineup - wide functionality/complimentary nature between discs) when it seems the push is for expanded plastic options as opposed to filling in any major gap (Firebird-esque disc aside) in their molds.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-31-2016, 10:06 AM
MonkeyGrass MonkeyGrass is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 265
Niced 42 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsk View Post
That being said, though it seems the most vocal push has been for the Bard in BT production I personally would lobby for a Longbowman run and would take that over a new mold any day. Regardless, I think it says something about a company's lineup (the quality and lineup - wide functionality/complimentary nature between discs) when it seems the push is for expanded plastic options as opposed to filling in any major gap (Firebird-esque disc aside) in their molds.
Westside really needs to up their game and fill in holes with their existing lineup and plastic options.

Here we are, going into 2017, and we still don't have:
  • BT Anything
  • Moonshine Warships/Harps/Bards or anything besides UW & Kings
  • Elasto, anyone? I would kill someone for a moonshine elasto Harp. Seriously.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what they hell they are doing over there. RUN MORE PLASTIC OPTIONS WESTSIDE.

It's not like it's a mystery what people want. Sometimes I think WS just sticks their head in the sand and ignores everyone... I don't know many people that like or throw the new Kings.. yet - every plastic possible is available in what may be their LEAST liked distance driver. WTF guys. Origio King? Really?

Here's my mental pic of Westside HQ:

"Hey I heard BT Bards and Warships are getting imported to the states and selling for upwards of $50 a pop! Also, our customers are begging for more Moonshine options. Maybe we should run some?"

"Nahhhh. I got this great idea for ANOTHER 14 speed understable driver!! We're gonna run that instead."

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-31-2016, 10:18 AM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,918
Niced 732 Times in 508 Posts
Default

Interesting because I would not want any of that.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-31-2016, 10:40 AM
jeffsk jeffsk is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 229
Niced 106 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
Westside really needs to up their game and fill in holes with their existing lineup and plastic options.

Here we are, going into 2017, and we still don't have:
  • BT Anything
  • Moonshine Warships/Harps/Bards or anything besides UW & Kings
  • Elasto, anyone? I would kill someone for a moonshine elasto Harp. Seriously.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what they hell they are doing over there. RUN MORE PLASTIC OPTIONS WESTSIDE.

It's not like it's a mystery what people want. Sometimes I think WS just sticks their head in the sand and ignores everyone... I don't know many people that like or throw the new Kings.. yet - every plastic possible is available in what may be their LEAST liked distance driver. WTF guys. Origio King? Really?
I wonder what role Latitude 64 plays in this? Given that WS focuses on molds and uses Lat as the production arm it seems the discussions would need to occur there. At the end of the day, they are separate companies and I know if I were running Lat I would personally view a steady production of BT Warships for export as direct competition for the base plastic Claymores, etc...I would like to believe this not to be the case, but given I have no knowledge of how revenue is shared between WS and Lat (or if there even is a revenue sharing model in place or if it is another mechanism) I have no idea. Just wonder.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-31-2016, 11:20 AM
bobmcnelly's Avatar
bobmcnelly bobmcnelly is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Steamboat Springs, Co
Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 179
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 2,210
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Elasto Harp and Elasto Long Bowman please!
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 12-31-2016, 05:37 PM
tomte tomte is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 497
Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsk View Post
I had no idea. Just assumed a wider variety of molds were more readily available in BT over there...so, I learned something today.

That being said, though it seems the most vocal push has been for the Bard in BT production I personally would lobby for a Longbowman run and would take that over a new mold any day. Regardless, I think it says something about a company's lineup (the quality and lineup - wide functionality/complimentary nature between discs) when it seems the push is for expanded plastic options as opposed to filling in any major gap (Firebird-esque disc aside) in their molds.
There might be more available in local stores in Finland - I don't know. Can't get anything online here in Sweden or Finland. Maybe I should take a drive up to the factory...

Looking at this, I can't see gaps that bother me as a non pro player too much. They could use some very overstable drivers in different speeds. And maybe a mid in between the Warship and Bard. Mostly because I think the Warship is more understable than it is advertised. And Something between the Shield and Wan. So 5 new molds maybe?

http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/download...ight-Chart.png
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Westside Discs SaROCaM The Marketplace 2 10-01-2018 02:04 PM
Westside discs. unkindnessofcrows The Marketplace 9 07-10-2012 10:40 PM
Westside discs wisco The Marketplace 0 04-03-2012 12:34 AM
2 Westside discs ojenson The Marketplace 4 10-20-2011 02:18 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.