Now she's back... here are the pics:

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,139 Times in 1,008 Posts

Picked up an orange C-MD2 @ 180g. What a seriously nice mid. All Buzzz throwers that feel like flirting with another brand should try these out. Straight, predictable fade, carries well. Just a solid all-around, stable mid.

I'm trying it out as a stable mid b/w my GL Pain and Fuses. It's a little overlappy with my Pains and I anticipate a beat Pain will knock it out eventually but for now the MD2 is filling in nicely.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 169
Niced 162 Times in 81 Posts
Send a message via AIM to New013

I step in to the press building for one minute to update my readers on all things All Good and look where I end up instead... this place is addictive... anyways.

If anyone remembers the "What mid should I buy?" thread I ended up buying a C-MD2 because they had no Z Buzzz's. Well after throwing it for about a month now I'm in f'in love with the thing. My long story short explanation of it is a Mako you can't flip. (well you can but if you do you are throwing it to hard)

The comparison to Buzzz's I don't get because it's more stable than my Buzzz; this could be because I have the C plastic and not the P but honestly I don't understand how charts like Marshall St.'s have the MD2 listed as slower than the Mako and just as understable, I would have the MD2 listed in the stable section one left of the Mako.

For me the MD2 can get about 10-20 feet farther than my Mako on the same throw and where as when you really torque the Mako or Buzzz they turn right the MD2 always has a nice slight fade at the end that keeps it straight. I've been throwing some sick tight S lines down fairways with it, especially at Buckhorn if anyone has played there where that type of shot is required quite a bit.

I've also found that it is great for holes where there is a not a drastic left to right turn but enough of one where you want to throw something anny to complete it. Sometimes on these holes I find that if I throw something understable the disc will eventually curve to much and end up going to far right and in to the woods where as the MD2 always makes the turn and then straightens out like a champ.

I could spend hours praising this disc because it literally is stealing more and more throws from my beloved Mako as time goes on and it's already making me think the Buzzz has no real place in my bag for straight tight lines.

In comparison to the Mako the rim is tad bit wider but they feel really similar in the hand and when thrown. The rim of the MD2 is also slightly concave and on a steeper angle than the Mako where as the Mako is slightly convex on the rim. It is quite a bit less domey than the Mako as well.

Here's some pics so I can shut up.

this pic shows the difference in domeyness.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 24 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I read on DGR that Climo dropped his Roc in favor of the P-MD2. If there's even a grain of truth to that than it might be worth trying out. I can't find any P's for sale though, it's all S line.

This is bad rumor spreading...Kenny is throwing USDGC CMD2s instead of Rocs on a lot of midrange drives. That run is a lot straighter than the production cmd2s.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,019 Times in 487 Posts

climo had that discmania promo vid throwing the MD2's at vista. that probably helped the rumors. anywho i've heard the C line MD2's are more Z buzzz like. any insight to that comparison? been meaning to try one. loved coyotes but buzzz's won out.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 24 Times in 16 Posts

The production CMD2s are like more overstable Buzzzes...That micro bead makes them start fading earlier than a Buzzz, and probably keeps them from gliding quite as well as a Buzzz.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
anywho i've heard the C line MD2's are more Z buzzz like. any insight to that comparison?
...I'm starting to believe nobody reads anything I say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
The comparison to Buzzz's I don't get because it's more stable than my Buzzz
Old 07-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
The comparison to Buzzz's I don't get because it's more stable than my Buzzz; this could be because I have the C plastic and not the P but honestly I don't understand how charts like Marshall St.'s have the MD2 listed as slower than the Mako and just as understable, I would have the MD2 listed in the stable section one left of the Mako.
Those guys have some massive power, so they can pretty much test any disc at any speed range. They might think it is stable at a lower speed range, but for the long distance guys, there is probably some understability to it.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:14 AM
* Ace Member *

I get that but I'm throwing the thing 320 so it's not like i'm tossing it lightly. I'm not saying it doesn't have some high speed turn because it does and that's why I say it should be only one square left on the far right side of the stable category. I'm just saying if they are throwing a Buzzz hard there is no way it should be listed as OS... When I throw my Buzzz hard it goes right and it goes right hard and fast. When I throw my mako and md2 as hard as I can the Mako definitely has more high speed turn than the MD2 and the mako doesn't come back.

The only thing I think that can explain how they listed it was they threw a PMD2 and perhaps those aren't as stable due to the plastic.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:19 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 51
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

i havent thrown one but i remember booter talking about certain colors being more stable..im pretty sure he said it was the Lime Greenish ones