Old 07-30-2012, 12:31 AM

Courses Played: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just bought a C-Line TD today, and boy do I love it!!! I through it all round long and it held true to every flight out of my hand. I really like it, it replaced my Champ Wraith in the bag today.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 83 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Expansi0n View Post
The TD doesn't the stability to handle a headwind like a PD, but it's a good general speed 9 driver. I definitely appreciate that it comes in Star plastic as opposed to the Viking which is currently only made in slick, hard-as-a-rock, Champ ... really a terrible waste of a good mold.
I've found that it pairs well with a Predator. I have a Esp Pred that flies like a Spd. Good complement.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 83 Times in 65 Posts

How would the TD compare to a DGA Undertow?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman4Dub View Post
I just bought a C-Line TD today, and boy do I love it!!! I through it all round long and it held true to every flight out of my hand. I really like it, it replaced my Champ Wraith in the bag today.
May have to put my S-TD back in the rotation to try out. There's a few holes where I need a dead-straight shot. My wraiths may start straight, but always have a fade finish (some more than others).
Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23
Courses Played: 51
Niced 15 Times in 13 Posts

I got a couple of the new non+ CTDs and they're the most understable TDs I've used. I like them a lot. They'll hold a long turnover to the ground when thrown flat. When thrown with hyzer, the most reliable flight I get is a flip up and straight, then a gentle turn over and flex back. Very nice. It can also hyzer flip to straight and not turn over, but doesn't seem to be it's forte at 360' power though.

The new non+ CPDs are less overstable than their + counterparts too, so I wonder if it's the + that just makes a big difference in DMs discs?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 233 Times in 152 Posts

How does the Chimp compare to the Fever?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
How does the Chimp compare to the Fever?
I was curious about that too. I have a S line Fever and it honestly isn't that flippy. For example the Secret Weapon (very understable disc) turns over fast right out of the box, but the TD2 just seems more stable than the flight chart shows....
Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 72
Niced 27 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmer2303 View Post
I was curious about that too. I have a S line Fever and it honestly isn't that flippy. For example the Secret Weapon (very understable disc) turns over fast right out of the box, but the TD2 just seems more stable than the flight chart shows....
Really?
How far are you throwing out of curiosity?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 PM

Years Playing: 41
Courses Played: 4
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have had absolutley no luck with most DM discs. I started with the DD2 Frenzy in BC plastic. I liked what I read, but had seen none. Still see none locally. I was new after 30 years of a layoff. I couldn't make it fly well, then I lost it. Then I bought a DD Hysteria. That one was harder for me to throw. I tried and tried, used it for about a month. I spoke with DM folks who said, try the RUSH. I did...in hot pink! I still can't throw that thing except for weak hyzers. I also have let some powerful throwers try it, and it always hyzers off. Only when I throw into a headwind will it turn ever so softly to the right. I'm RHBH. I even tried a MD...same thing. I am convinced tht only the strongest throwers can make these discs fly. BUT...someone returned my BC Frenzy aftyer a couple months. It was a little mor beat in, and I was getting better technique and strength. I can make that disc turn-over easily???? This is the top of the line driver! I can't throw it into the wind without it flippin' and rolling away. Strange huh? I've been wanting to try the new FEVER, which I believe is the new RUSH. I don't think I will, and will look to rid my bag of the RUSH and HYSTERIA, both in great shape! Funny how each of us differs in opinions of each plastic, or disc maker.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 72
Niced 27 Times in 20 Posts

Nnovia,
The td2 is night and day different than the TD or the DD/DD2. The TD2 is essentially a mamba in star plastic. Flies similar lines to a RR. i think you will have more success with the td2 in spite of your other experiences