Old 03-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 16
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

^I also don't have any TPs to review for you,

But my VIP is straight out then fades, and I will admit i'm a REALLY average player
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

below is right post.

Last edited by mance; 03-02-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
Based on other posts by Andy I don't think his post was at all directed at you mance. He's just looking for a very average player, who will admit they are very average, to comment on the Stag. Of course I could be wrong. He could be booking a flight to Sweden as I type to hunt you down and give you a wet willie.

Haha yeah but when i re-read my post it sounded like i was the king of throwers... not the case.. just wanted to clear things up
Old 03-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mance View Post
heres one...

I have 2x VIP's...

174g Orange
171 Diamon Red (regular red?) :P

So my comparison will be against my orange 173g Teebird... and all I can say... its the same **** for me except you get more glide with the stag... nothing more, nothing less. It's an excellent straight glider for weaker arms that need that extra length.

I threw it a couple of times in in 20-25mph headwind (around 10m/s) and it was all over the place for my 400ft forehand... but then again... so is the teebird.

My best explenation, to not complicate things... It's like a teebird with extra glide... out of the box, I think it has a tad more turn for powerful throwers. Less power, you wont see a difference.
exactly what i expected. anther tbird, rival, ascent, slightly tweaked.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.1
Courses Played: 52
Niced 184 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
Based on other posts by Andy I don't think his post was at all directed at you mance. He's just looking for a very average player, who will admit they are very average, to comment on the Stag. Of course I could be wrong. He could be booking a flight to Sweden as I type to hunt you down and give you a wet willie.
Haha..you're right threevok, not about the wet Willie part....I'm deplorably average and was just trying to see if anyone of my skill level has thrown it yet. Not tying to *directly* insult anyone. I know there's lots of players of my skill level on here who are dead honest about it, just seeing id they've thrown it yet.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Baw ... I was hoping for a straight early flight with a HARD hook late in flight. There seems to be a lot of fairways that have high turn/high fade or low turn/low fade or high turn/low fade, but very few with low turn/high fade unless you run to the extremes of Banshee/Trident/Whippet, etc.

I really wanted this disc to fit an imaginary spot in my bag, it may not be so. I swear this is the toughest slot to fill.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintaq View Post
Baw ... I was hoping for a straight early flight with a HARD hook late in flight. There seems to be a lot of fairways that have high turn/high fade or low turn/low fade or high turn/low fade, but very few with low turn/high fade unless you run to the extremes of Banshee/Trident/Whippet, etc.

I really wanted this disc to fit an imaginary spot in my bag, it may not be so. I swear this is the toughest slot to fill.

You might have to settle for powering down a seasoned distance driver. That's what I do for that sort of shot. Or an Eagle x.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:33 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I went for a round yesterday I was trying out my Stags a bit and I really like them so far. It was pretty windy, so have yet to try them in calm conditions. They are very very glidey. Therefore I found the fade to be more subtle than "3" as how it is descriptioned. I think with glide like that you can't have such a strong finish. It always did fade though.
It seemed to be good with moderate headwind. It's pretty much what I expected, just that the fade is not as strong as I thought but it's there.
But again, I don't have a lot of experience with them yet but I do like them a lot.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:01 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

How does the stag compare to a striker?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree on the fade not being "3".. Dont know if its because of that glide you dont experience an instant fade... Instead you get a slow transitioning forward fade.

Dunno how how it compares to a striker... But i find describing flights hard and comparing... I would say its almost like a cross-over between a saint and a teebird if that helps. Teebird dominant in flight characteristics (first 50% of flight) and saint in distance + fade (last 50% of flight)... Does that make sense?