Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 12-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 109 Times in 59 Posts

Underworld. 174 GL

I thought id be able to get easier turn than with a leopard. It's so flippy, my wife now uses it and gets a good turn.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 205
Niced 119 Times in 42 Posts

I got an MVP Volt to try out their plastic. Figured it would be a decent hyzer-flip disc. Roller city. Took about three days to give up trying to power it down enough. Became a junk disc and is now somewhere in a lake.

A couple months later I was looking for a stable fairway and got an MVP Shock. Flippier than the Volt. Gave it away, and last I heard it's that guy's water disc too.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.2
Courses Played: 58
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

Tie between a TD2 and Coyote. Both Star plastic. The TD2 was OK it just didn't turn as much as I expected. More like -2, 2 plus the shallow rim. The Coyote just sucked in Star plastic, was slick, domey and flippy. Junk. I never buy Star plastic for mids ever again.

It didn't take me long to dump both.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:40 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 17
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullethead326 View Post
I got an MVP Volt to try out their plastic. Figured it would be a decent hyzer-flip disc. Roller city. Took about three days to give up trying to power it down enough. Became a junk disc and is now somewhere in a lake.

A couple months later I was looking for a stable fairway and got an MVP Shock. Flippier than the Volt. Gave it away, and last I heard it's that guy's water disc too.
Do you think this was a fluke? I have a volt and shock on the way, and after watching Mike C's videos (who has a much stronger arm than me), they both appear to be what their flight numbers show. Hoping these are not like yours...

Edit: woo 100th post
Old 12-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 205
Niced 119 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sticky Feet View Post
Do you think this was a fluke? I have a volt and shock on the way, and after watching Mike C's videos (who has a much stronger arm than me), they both appear to be what their flight numbers show. Hoping these are not like yours...

Edit: woo 100th post
Someone told me the First Run Shocks were not as anticipated, and subsequent runs actually were stable, so I may have had one of the early versions. Don't know about the Volt. I don't have Mike's arm, but I've got plenty of power to know how stuff should fly. Aside from the flight, though, I had trouble getting used to the curvature between the rim and underside of the flightplate. Some discs aren't for me... they might be right for you.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 27
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Blizzard drivers. Bought a Boss, a Katana, and a Destroyer, all bubble plated. All flew like crap. Waste of time.

Blizzard Pigs, however, own. Hard.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 17
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullethead326 View Post
Someone told me the First Run Shocks were not as anticipated, and subsequent runs actually were stable, so I may have had one of the early versions. Don't know about the Volt. I don't have Mike's arm, but I've got plenty of power to know how stuff should fly. Aside from the flight, though, I had trouble getting used to the curvature between the rim and underside of the flightplate. Some discs aren't for me... they might be right for you.
I'm planning on them being a bit more stable than they are for mike, since my River covers anything from straight hyzerflips to turnovers.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 179
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

I bought a Prodigy M3 Proto, which is actually a M2. So it was far more stable than I was expecting.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 12
Niced 24 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Saint Pro, and most MVP discs I've tried (with the exception of the Amp). I don't know why I thought I'd love the Saint Pro...and I found a killer dye on one. Hated the disc.

MVP...meh. Shock, Tangent, Ion, Axis, Anode...couldn't fall in love with them. I do still want to try a Volt, though...even though I'm pretty sure it'll end up as trade bait.
for being one of the only people to dismiss MVP discs. I am not an MVP hater but I really get sick of how much people fap over them. I have an Ion and Tangent and I love my Tangie but I can't stand when someone here says "recommend me a Discraft disc!" and then receives "buy MVP, you'll thank me later /thread" which has happened VERY much on this forum.

What's right for some may not be right for all

Old 12-25-2013, 12:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 162
Niced 1,388 Times in 821 Posts

anything blizzard is trash. bought a krait that had more beef than a flat 12xfirebird max weight. destroyer would flip like it was a 4/10 katana. so unpredictable and a paper plate in the wind.

zombee-filling a spot between stalker and buzz that honestly really doesnt need to be filled.

pro saint- shoulda kept it a speed 9 like the regular saint. the speed 8 is between a firebird and a max weight ti stalker that i both have in my bag and would be worthless to have a pro saint. i bought two at first too cuz i was so sure i wanted to bag them being as my saint is my go to straight d driver.

other honorable mentions- TD-not a turning driver out of the box. comet-way to glidey for its own damm good.