Old 06-02-2018, 09:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 32
Niced 247 Times in 160 Posts
Default Coyote

Anyone throwing a Coyote? I know they are OOP production now. I remember them being really popular in the mid-late 2000's.

Got a couple throws with one today for the first time and I really like it. Very comfortable grip and stable/floaty flight. Bought a Champion Coyote off ebay to see if it fits my game.

Odd that Innova would put this OOP but hold on to the Skeeter, Wombat3 or the Kite. Do those molds really sell?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2018, 10:03 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,147 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Anyone throwing a Coyote? I know they are OOP production now. I remember them being really popular in the mid-late 2000's.

Got a couple throws with one today for the first time and I really like it. Very comfortable grip and stable/floaty flight. Bought a Champion Coyote off ebay to see if it fits my game.

Odd that Innova would put this OOP but hold on to the Skeeter, Wombat3 or the Kite. Do those molds really sell?
Coyote is OOP but last I checked, you can still get Star Coyotes at the Innova Proshop.

I used to bag the Coyote. It's a good mold. Comfortable in the hand, very accurate. It didn't get quite the distance for me as the Roc3 and Shark3 did, and then I began moving away from mids in favor of approach putters and fairway drivers, but that's not a bad on the mold.

As to the other molds: the Skeeter still has a following. The Wombat3 is actually in some pros's bags (at least one FPO player carries it, but I don't remember which one at the moment) and is not a bad mold. The Kite... I thought they did take it OOP, but maybe not. A woman in my DG group uses a Kite; it's an okay beginner/noodle-arm disc.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 32
Niced 247 Times in 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Coyote is OOP but last I checked, you can still get Star Coyotes at the Innova Proshop.
If the Champion I ordered works out I may have to get a few from there. Is it a $50 minimum for free shipping?
Old 06-02-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
If the Champion I ordered works out I may have to get a few from there. Is it a $50 minimum for free shipping?
Not sure if it's $50 or $75 at the Proshop. I only order from there when there's not much other choice...

Niced: (1)
Old 06-02-2018, 10:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 38.5
Courses Played: 94
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 213 Times in 99 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

I have a champ Coyote 175, thrown a few rounds and light ink on the rim I'd let go if you're interested.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:55 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 530 Times in 392 Posts

I have thrown them, and they are nice, but for the price the Piwakawaka does the job and is more readily available.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 137 Times in 67 Posts

Wasn’t the lycan pretty much identical to the coyote and oop also? OG mako came out around the same time as the lycan if I recall.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
Wasn’t the lycan pretty much identical to the coyote and oop also? OG mako came out around the same time as the lycan if I recall.
Lycan and Coyote are not absolutely identical. They have a different feel to them, IIRC. And yes, the Lycan is OOP, also.

Now y'all have got me getting my Coyotes out of the box so I can go throw them around tomorrow...
Old 06-03-2018, 04:00 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 427 Times in 363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post

I used to bag the Coyote. It's a good mold. Comfortable in the hand, very accurate. It didn't get quite the distance for me as the Roc3 and Shark3 did, and then I began moving away from mids in favor of approach putters and fairway drivers, but that's not a bad on the mold.

As to the other molds: the Skeeter still has a following. The Wombat3 is actually in some pros's bags (at least one FPO player carries it, but I don't remember which one at the moment) and is not a bad mold. The Kite... I thought they did take it OOP, but maybe not. A woman in my DG group uses a Kite; it's an okay beginner/noodle-arm disc.
My dad has a Skeeter in the bag though the Rubber Putter does the same approach spot for him. I would use a Wombat/Wombat 3 if they ever stopped the production of the Impact and DGA extra long midrange disc that flies almost the same. One I am disappointed they stopped making is the Super Stingray. Would have been the Stingray I was looking for. Then the Shark 3 came out and found that after a few years it had been out in 2017 was just wondering if it would be a good fit or overlap and finally got two in 2018. Shark 3 a disc that is one of the few 3 tops that is almost a different disc from the original topped disc with feel, speed and glide.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 06-03-2018 at 04:03 AM.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 120 Times in 85 Posts

I think one of the new infinate disc is based on the coyote. but I could be wrong.