Old 04-16-2021, 10:09 AM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
It should feel like the disc’s momentum pulls it from your hand/fingers as your hand/fingers begin to pull away from targetward acceleration
Totally missed your reply, thanks and sorry! So I think I feel that but I honestly feel as though it slips out as if my grip is not strong enough. I use a fan grip for putters and mids when I'm not doing max power throws. I have a power grip with fingers slightly angled for my drives.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2021, 12:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 585 Times in 332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlan View Post
Totally missed your reply, thanks and sorry! So I think I feel that but I honestly feel as though it slips out as if my grip is not strong enough. I use a fan grip for putters and mids when I'm not doing max power throws. I have a power grip with fingers slightly angled for my drives.
Slow down your entire form to match your grip strength and you’ll get better distance.

I meant to try this a few days ago by using the two finger grip and slowly adding power. It’s on my to-do list.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:18 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
Slow down your entire form to match your grip strength and you’ll get better distance.

I meant to try this a few days ago by using the two finger grip and slowly adding power. It’s on my to-do list.
So last night I tried to REALLY grip hard. On some throws the disc won't come out or goes behind me (and just flops down). But that's likely because I'm focused too much on the grip and grip tight too early and slow my whole form down. It was kind of comical and hurt. LOL.