Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Improve Your Game > Technique & Strategy

Old 04-18-2021, 12:55 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 44 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanNoodleArm View Post
HUB talkin' double G

^An excellent recap of the discussion with examples^

Hailey King doing the swim move in a kind of hybrid style of swedish/american. She still turns her head and shoulders toward the target at release a bit, but the left side is definitely resisting. I think you can see in her swing how key the timing of it is with how it all pops just right on this throw.

Timestamped to 13:55 in case it doesn't work. If you slow it down to .25x you really see the move.

https://youtu.be/Dau3BxiExTc?t=835
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Old 04-18-2021, 07:48 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 337 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanNoodleArm View Post
HUB talkin' double G

See, I'd say the distinction between Swedish and American lies more in the swing planes and momentum being more horizontal vs vertical. Straight arm with a pendulum swing vs deep elbow bend and high swing.

Swedish tends to keep the shoulders more still with the arm out front (like HUB's GG example), but I think even some "American style" throwers do this on occasion, Simon being the one I think of immediately. I think it means they're better stacked behind their brace.

Obviously there's a lot of grey area here because no one is fully one style or the other.