Old 06-28-2017, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Gyro makes disc spin so fast that in a pros hands they catch the air on fire. Their current pro is actually an Im player. If a more advanced player used them the heat would melt baskets. That's why the Axiom baskets. They're made of asbestos. Heat proof.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2017, 02:41 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,190 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Do we know that McBeth makes hundreds of thousands a year?
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinpflop View Post
There's no way he is a one percenter.....do you guys really think he is profiting 450k a year? I would be shocked if he even makes 150k and that's before all of his expenses.
And Ian's response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalhghnss View Post
I hope you're sitting down.

He makes well over double your shocked number. Closer to the 1% cutoff. I honestly wish it was public knowledge. I think it would help legitimize our sport, and attract more people to the game. Sorry for blabbing Paul if you read this :P

Old 06-28-2017, 03:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 51
Niced 1,593 Times in 294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethoho View Post
Good for you lol I know several people who could tell you every disc in Ricky and Paul's bag, what color, weight, and plastic it is, and what they like to use it for. If you think all Ams don't pay attention to what Pros throw, you're delusional. That's the reason why the Pros do in the bag videos every year. Sponsors know it will increase sales.
Yup, and why smart pros tell me what they're throwing so I can say it in commentary. I get so many comments thanking me for saying the disc in commentary. People pay lots of attention.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:29 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 136 Times in 70 Posts

I wonder how much of McBeth's income comes from his signature discs. Five pretty good sellers at this point (Star Destroyer, Champ Krait, Champ Thunderbird, Champ Roc3, Nova). Anyone have any idea how many much he gets per disc? Do you think he makes more from those or the tour series (McPro Roc3, McPro Aviar)?
Old 06-28-2017, 03:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 567 Times in 347 Posts

Quote:
Yup, and why smart pros tell me what they're throwing so I can say it in commentary. I get so many comments thanking me for saying the disc in commentary. People pay lots of attention.
I get requests for a new ITB from my viewers every other week and its been years since I've thrown a tourney. People love that sort of thing.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-28-2017, 04:04 PM

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 20
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I get requests for a new ITB from my viewers every other week and its been years since I've thrown a tourney. People love that sort of thing.
Exactly. I know several guys who will bag a Mayhem because "Mike C threw it so far!" You're not even playing competitively and while you have a strong following, its likely not as strong as most top Pros like PMB, Ricky, or Simon yet you influence what people throw. It also shows that MVP may not necessarily need a top pro to get the word out, but I still think they would benefit greatly from it.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 51
Niced 1,593 Times in 294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny View Post
I wonder how much of McBeth's income comes from his signature discs. Five pretty good sellers at this point (Star Destroyer, Champ Krait, Champ Thunderbird, Champ Roc3, Nova). Anyone have any idea how many much he gets per disc? Do you think he makes more from those or the tour series (McPro Roc3, McPro Aviar)?
My guess is 50-60% of his income is from sig and tour discs.

I've heard rumors sig discs they get .25-.50 per. Tour series I've heard is somewhere around 3.50-5.00 per disc.

Considering how many signature discs he sells, I bet he makes more from sig discs than tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Exactly. I honestly think MVP gets more bang for their sponsor buck sponsoring you and CCDG than a full time touring pro.

Niced: (5)
Old 06-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 499 Times in 238 Posts

I think MVP discs look cool. I don't have any, but they are attractive. I hope this adds a lot to the conversation.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 137
Niced 257 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
I think MVP discs look cool. I don't have any, but they are attractive. I hope this adds a lot to the conversation.
Some people at Innova think this is the main reason casual players buy which discs they do.

Plus if you have a choice between a dark purple whatever or a lime green disc with a bright blue rim that flies almost exactly the same, I would get the one I'm more likely to find in the rough...or in a tree...or in water...

I really need to stop spraying my drives too.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:00 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Niced 126 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
I honestly think MVP gets more bang for their sponsor buck sponsoring you and CCDG than a full time touring pro.
The new marketing guy, Steve, is doing a bang up job with the Team and ads/CCDG sponsorship.