Old 05-16-2018, 01:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 868 Times in 587 Posts

I am sure I could go back to Discraft with no issue whatsoever. Losing Hastings was an issue as well. If I could just run to the store and get the hive discs, I probably would. Especially with the new emphasis on ESP.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-16-2018, 02:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 51
Niced 294 Times in 183 Posts

Mids are my favorite! I came by just to throw in mention for the DD mids. I've been doing the Verdict/Truth thing for a while. Fresh/worn of each and I'm happy. I really like the OG Emac Lucid Truths (flat top, small silhouette stamp). Awesome mid that does work! Also, if you want a hyzer flipper, Evidence or Warrant. Boom.

All this DD hate [in an attempt to possibly keep the OP from trying their mids?] is "stupid," IMHO. What is it about DDs mids that is so awful we resort to bashing? I find they are very comfortable mids to hold and throw. Lucid is not champ durable, maybe more star-esque durability, but it is grippy and pretty. Verdicts also beat in to lose HSS before LSS, which may turn some off to the mold, but still serves a great purpose.

However, Buzzz's are great, also, and Roc3s and Mako3s, and Bards, and Rocs, and Fuses, and M_s all fit other people's game.

FWIW, I throw a mixed bag, am not married to any one company (cuz, why? if you aren't sponsored..), love playing disc golf and trying discs, and think bullying on the internet is "stupid." We should all just go back to hating on Failient and the Groove and have a good day.

Cheers

Niced: (3)
Old 05-16-2018, 02:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 551 Times in 355 Posts

Great info in this thread, very fair criticisms of my switch-a-mold-itis. Sometimes I don't know what is more frustrating - dealing with managing a cycle of base plastic or deciding on which premium plastic mold comes off the shelf at just the right stability to not overlap on eachother as they start to season at different rates.

Also let me just say, you guys with 1000+ posts sound like a bunch of typical salty Gen-Xers, for better or for worse. Who hurt you? At least I know any time I post a question, it makes for an entertaining thread.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2,386 Times in 1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Comet/buzzz/wasp is a great combo. Lots of different plastic varieties available these days to, in order to suit your fancy/climate.

I skip the buzzz and just use comet/wasp. The comet has plenty of stability for me to get it out past 300' without any problems. Any more stability or distance than that, and I'm either going with the wasp or moving up to a fairway driver.

There's nothing inherently wrong with having different mids to cover overstable/stable/understable. Use what you like best to cover those shots.
That is a great trio of discs and basically covers every mid shot you need. It's too bad they feel quite differently from each other. I can tolerate Buzzz to Wasp and vice versa, beads don't bother me much but the Comet just feels way different in comparison. Definitely a great lineup if your hand is "blind" and you can power up/down really consistently.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 551 Times in 355 Posts

Ok it's officially looking like:

Tursas
Max weight Z Comet
Star Roc3 176g
Mortar

I would be happy throwing a beefy buzzz in place of the roc3, but then I wonder if maybe I would want a verdict on top of the Buzzz and alongside the mortar.

I am also thinking I could grab something like a moonshine emac truth and possibly get a little better distance than the roc3. Any comments on stability of roc 3s and beefy buzzes vs beefy emacs?
Old 05-17-2018, 04:26 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 666 Times in 339 Posts

So it's not official...

Old 05-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,678 Times in 737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
So it's not official...
It's only official until the next wave of boredom rolls through.
Then to ease the boredom, another thread will be started followed by a new set of official discs.

Rinse, repeat.

Seems to be what half the threads on DGCR are anyway. Convince me I want to throw different plastic while full well knowing they're going to anyway.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,182 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
That is a great trio of discs and basically covers every mid shot you need. It's too bad they feel quite differently from each other. I can tolerate Buzzz to Wasp and vice versa, beads don't bother me much but the Comet just feels way different in comparison. Definitely a great lineup if your hand is "blind" and you can power up/down really consistently.
I'm very, very particular about the shape of comets that I like. I almost never order them online unless it's a special release and I have no choice (see; MJ 2018 swirl ESP comets). I know the prototypical comet has a huge dome, but those aren't the best ones for me. A slight dome wasp pairs really well with the comets that I like.

It's weird though, because I really hate flat, beadless midranges - like the buzzz or truth. To each their own though.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Par Member

Niced 43 Times in 32 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
It's only official until the next wave of boredom rolls through.
Then to ease the boredom, another thread will be started followed by a new set of official discs.

Rinse, repeat.

Seems to be what half the threads on DGCR are anyway. Convince me I want to throw different plastic while full well knowing they're going to anyway.
If we only talked about factual disc features this would be a pretty boring forum. And who doesn’t get bored and decide to see if anyone can sway your initial thought? However rare that may be.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 193
Niced 707 Times in 464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
It's weird though, because I really hate flat, beadless midranges - like the buzzz or truth. To each their own though.
I love me a domey Buzzz. Maybe it's cuz they never have too much dome.

As far as Comets, yes they're an interesting mold. For me there's something in the shoulder? I can't describe it. But I also like buying Comets in person.