Old 10-24-2018, 10:43 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 421 Times in 164 Posts

I’m skeptical this will actually happen, but it’s pretty exciting if true. I hope Paul is getting a TON more money from Discraft than Innova was offering, because I think Discraft is completely unproven when it comes to marketing and building a player’s star power. I know a lot of McBeth’s success in branding himself has been due to his own hard work, but Innova has helped greatly with their presence on YouTube, etc. There’s just zero evidence of Discraft being able to do that. I wish him good luck, though.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2018, 10:44 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,190 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
McBeth has spent so much time branding himself, will moving to Discraft ultimately hurt him?

Think of all the hard core Paul fans who would just drop him, not to mention the hard core Discrafters who have and will resent him. Will Anthony Barrella quit disc golf!

I know I'm an old timer in thought, but I have a certain respect for loyalty that does seem somewhat outdated, but if Paul jumped ship, my support for him would drop to a little above zero.
As I read this thread, I keep thinking of Alan Trammell and Sweet Lou Whitaker. Growing up watching those guys...they were ours. Tigers forever. Times have changed. Assuming they didn't have a falling out of sorts, I hope he can stay home, with Innova.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-24-2018, 10:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,251 Times in 720 Posts

Notice how many of the people 'in the know', are newbie accounts?

Not saying it can't be true, but it makes me suspicious.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:00 AM

Niced 25 Times in 6 Posts

Of course McBeth is going to Discraft. Haven't you seen his Instagram post? He's getting used to the Force.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bez názvu.jpg (104.2 KB, 177 views)

Niced: (3)
Old 10-24-2018, 11:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethoho View Post
Somebody didn't get the reference...
Sorry. The sarcasm just didn't come through. And I'm a little slow anyway, just ask SonicGuy.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:06 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 136 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
McBeth has spent so much time branding himself, will moving to Discraft ultimately hurt him?

Think of all the hard core Paul fans who would just drop him, not to mention the hard core Discrafters who have and will resent him. Will Anthony Barrella quit disc golf!

I know I'm an old timer in thought, but I have a certain respect for loyalty that does seem somewhat outdated, but if Paul jumped ship, my support for him would drop to a little above zero.
McBeth has helped move an awful lot of product for Innova. I would bet that an impartial analysis of the deal between them over the years would show Innova has underpaid him...by a lot.

They can show their "loyalty" by paying him what he's worth. If they won't, he should move on to a company that will, and I don't see any reason anyone should hold that against him.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,653 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldeyeGolf View Post
McBeth has helped move an awful lot of product for Innova. I would bet that an impartial analysis of the deal between them over the years would show Innova has underpaid him...by a lot.

They can show their "loyalty" by paying him what he's worth. If they won't, he should move on to a company that will, and I don't see any reason anyone should hold that against him.
I can't argue any of this^^^, but I also think Innova has the pockets and is business savvy. If McBeth is the cash cow that's proclaimed, Innova isn't just going to let him walk out and say, Ta-ta, best of luck.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 12
Niced 1,022 Times in 553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Notice how many of the people 'in the know', are newbie accounts?

Not saying it can't be true, but it makes me suspicious.
It's Russian trolls, man. They've gone too far when they start f'n with disc golf!

Old 10-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

As much as I really enjoy watching Paul throw I haven't bought a single tour or signature series disc in support of him. He's doing fine and I'd rather support the competition. After all the best way to see Paul in action is to give him good players to compete against.

No player moving to another sponsor will "ruin their career".

Old 10-24-2018, 11:15 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 136 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
I can't argue any of this^^^, but I also think Innova has the pockets and is business savvy. If McBeth is the cash cow that's proclaimed, Innova isn't just going to let him walk out and say, Ta-ta, best of luck.
Agree for sure. I'm still not convinced, despite all the chatter on here from people who claim to be in the know, that he'll leave Innova. Assuming the Discraft talk is for real, I see it more likely as McBeth establishing his market value, as he should do.