Old 11-27-2018, 10:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 40
Niced 182 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
Now I question myself on the LSS part. HSS = Resistance to turn but I've always referred to LSS in terms of over stability rather than straight stability. So:
in my mind,
HSS and HST would be inverse
BUT
LSF and LSS would be the same
This is correct. Whether it makes sense or not, that is how everyone I have known in disc golf ove my 18 years of playing has used those terms.

I understand it may not make sense to you Brockness, but unfortunately that is the way it goes. There is no real governing body to make these terms unified so we are left to make sense of what we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Not trying to be facetious here, but in the "they'll do it every time" department: if he didn't mention the weight, then invariably someone is going to ask what the weights were....
Fair enough. I understand that, but the only reasonI said something is that he said specifically low 170s, if he had just said 170s then I probably wouldn't have batted an eye at it. To me it was the specificity that implied it played a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
I agree with the last statement. Though, my first Teebird was in Star and I had it for a long time, for me a Teebird is that beaten in straight flight.

I will ask, if it is really so immaterial, was it really worth typing out a response stating it as such?
I never said it was immaterial, you said the weight was a non factor. I was refuting your comment based on that, but then you said it was not the difference so I made that distinction. I mention it because we are on an disc golf internet forum where we discuss these types of things. If we can't discuss this here then why even have a disc golf forum?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2018, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 346 Times in 175 Posts

At first I was like, “cool, we’re getting away from Pro Teebird discussion, I don’t need that lust for new stuff right now.”

And now I’m like, “nah, let’s go back.”

Old 11-27-2018, 11:44 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 41
Niced 727 Times in 415 Posts

I asked in the New Innova Stuff thread but got no response, anyone thrown those white Naughty/Nice Teebird3s? I'm curious about the stiffness of the plastic first, then dome/flight etc.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:35 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 104 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
I asked in the New Innova Stuff thread but got no response, anyone thrown those white Naughty/Nice Teebird3s? I'm curious about the stiffness of the plastic first, then dome/flight etc.
If they're anything like the double eagle stamped Eagles, I'd say it's a softer run of star.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-29-2018, 01:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 11
Niced 35 Times in 17 Posts

I picked up a few Pro Teebirds from the latest ProShop run. A little swirly and they feel like butter! Can't wait to test how they fly.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:16 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Niced 14 Times in 12 Posts

I have lost 2 Teebirds in 1 month, one was dead straight and the other stable to slightly OS. I bought 2 Teebirds from different stores and they are both meathooks. They fley like a 7/4/0/3 disc.

I just bought 2 new Teebird3 online, hoping to get something that is normal. If this doesn't work out, any suggestions for other molds that can fill this spot? I'm not that interested beating them in, to lose it and hate life.

Last edited by podskiii; 12-09-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,597 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by podskiii View Post
I have lost 2 Teebirds in 1 month, one was dead straight and the other stable to slightly OS. I bought 2 Teebirds from different stores and they are both meathooks. They fley like a 7/4/0/3 disc.

I just bought 2 new Teebird3 online, hoping to get something that is normal. If this doesn't work out, any suggestions for other molds that can fill this spot? I'm not that interested beating them in, to lose it and hate life.
Yeah I know about those beefy Teebird flights. I also prefer straight and glidey ones.

Gstar Teebirds can be more likely to do what you want and beat in reasonably, but if you don't want that plastic then I understand.

I have thrown Rivals that fly like straight or straight to fade Teebirds, but I don't know how stable they are coming out right now. They were as close to a copy as you can find, although I think feel a touch sleeker to me.

I'd also look into the Explorer, it's very much a Teebird clone but I have not thrown a worn in one, so I don't know if they pick up turn or what seeing as Trilogy plastic generally beats in faster.

For your straight Teebird you can also go to a C-FD, it will do the same things but will need a touch of hyzer. A beat to perfect Teebird is like 7/5/-0/1.5 to me, wheres the FD when fresh is more 7/5/-0.5 to -1/1.5. It will do the same lines if you have angle control but you can't just hit it flat and trust it won't drift right.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-09-2018, 11:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 736 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:

Give the L64 Explorer a long look. Closest thing to a Teebird I've seen. Very nice driver. Straight with a modest late fade.

I've only thrown 1 Teebird 3, in G*. I liked it. I thought it flew exactly how a Teebird ought to.

Old 12-10-2018, 12:19 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 59
Niced 123 Times in 54 Posts

I just got a new Pinnacle Rival and Icon Rival, both 168. They fly like fresh DX Teebirds.

Old 12-10-2018, 12:44 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,452 Times in 746 Posts

Quote:

DX or G*. Or the used bin.