Old 02-06-2019, 11:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 825 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
My Plaz Volt is several years old. The Plaz Volt should be renamed it is so different.

As for for Eclipse Envy:
Less HSS more LSS. Great for *my* forehand upshot.
Interesting.. Yeah I'm a fan of the Volt but the ones I've been humpin are first run and heavy.. Last time I pulled it out I've barely got the jam to get it going like I want or used to, but definitely bagging it next time I'm on an open course as a heavy up from the Crave for its solid wind resistance. I haven't thrown any others always curious about Plasma and Fissions...

As far as the glow Envy, I've only thrown one of my Halloween, I would say less HSS and lower LSS than a fresh proton and slightly better grip so I get a touch more power transfer. Mine is close to a fresh tall plasma I have but the glow is flatter. A lot of it depends on shoulder height and dome. The higher the more stable.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-06-2019, 12:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Less HSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
less HSS.
Just to make sure I'm hearing you guys right, the Ecl Envy is less HSS than, like, a N? I've been out of the loop for a while, so I missed the rollout/"testing" posts, etc.

Is it, like, turn-y?
Old 02-06-2019, 12:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 825 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
Just to make sure I'm hearing you guys right, the Ecl Envy is less HSS than, like, a N? I've been out of the loop for a while, so I missed the rollout/"testing" posts, etc.

Is it, like, turn-y?
Hmmm well I abandoned my Neutrons a year or two ago in favour of Proton and Plasma. As far as least HSS I would say soft neutron or soft electron. The glow one I have has similar HSS to a plasma or one of my two year old protons, not turn but "straight" out of the box, low shoulder, flat top. It still has good LSS but a tick less than a fresh Proton and a bit more than a plasma with similar characteristics.

My favourite plasma with a low shoulder and puddle top is less HSS and LSS than my glow

Niced: (2)

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 02-06-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:17 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 27
Niced 116 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisugawa View Post
I can only speak for myself on this and how it relates to my game and my ability.

I currently do not have a use for an Ion that other discs already occupy. The Envy does what I need it to do in that category, for example. I have thrown Ions in the past, specifically Electron and Plasma Ions, and I didn't find them to be essential to my style of play.

The Volt, on the other hand, I still tinker with. For a very long time, I threw a 150 class Fission Volt and while it worked well at the time, I've moved on to other discs. It was a victim of trying to limit the number of molds I carry, very much like the Servo. So now, instead of carrying Teslas, Volts, Servos, and Craves, I carry only Teslas and Craves, just in a variety of weights, plastics, and conditions.

However, as I'm refining my game in the off-season, the Volt is another disc I may audition again.
Thats awesome you came to a very similar conclusion as i did

Tesla is same class as the Wrath

I actually cant decide if i should just use a servo instead of a beat to death resistor because if i lose the resistor its too hard to replace.

Last edited by in4d; 02-06-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,128 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
Sell us on why anyone should throw a Volt.

Personally, I'm not crazy about the depth of the Ion. I like shallower putters.
its the two disc wonders that offer miracles and versatility and reliability

ion covers all putter approach mid shots

volt covers fairway control distance shots

you literally dont need any other discs besides a plaz volt and a plaz ion if you know what to do and can modify your throw for the shot if you cant you use wheelchairs of other discs to compensate for lack of ability and talent
Old 02-06-2019, 01:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,128 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote:
I can only speak for myself on this and how it relates to my game and my ability.

I currently do not have a use for an Ion that other discs already occupy. The Envy does what I need it to do in that category, for example. I have thrown Ions in the past, specifically Electron and Plasma Ions, and I didn't find them to be essential to my style of play.

The Volt, on the other hand, I still tinker with. For a very long time, I threw a 150 class Fission Volt and while it worked well at the time, I've moved on to other discs. It was a victim of trying to limit the number of molds I carry, very much like the Servo. So now, instead of carrying Teslas, Volts, Servos, and Craves, I carry only Teslas and Craves, just in a variety of weights, plastics, and conditions.

However, as I'm refining my game in the off-season, the Volt is another disc I may audition again.
if youre truly for limiting the number of molds you carry why wouldnt you just carry volts and not have to carry both teslas and craves
Old 02-06-2019, 02:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,273 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:

Is it, like, turn-y?
To add to ThrowaEnvy answer:

Not turn-y. More like it holds the line longer then fades harder than a fresh Neutron.
It also doesn't eat OAT as well. It still eats OAT better than most putters.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:07 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 86
Niced 98 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
if youre truly for limiting the number of molds you carry why wouldnt you just carry volts and not have to carry both teslas and craves
Because, to my game, a Tesla and a Crave are very different discs, and the sum of both of them cannot be replaced by a single mold. The flights and shots allowed me by a 9 speed slightly overstable distance driver and 6 speed slightly understable fairway driver cannot be combined into an 8 speed slightly overstable fairway.

At least for me. Your experience may obviously be different than my own.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 69
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Because, to my game, a Tesla and a Crave are very different discs, and the sum of both of them cannot be replaced by a single mold. The flights and shots allowed me by a 9 speed slightly overstable distance driver and 6 speed slightly understable fairway driver cannot be combined into an 8 speed slightly overstable fairway.

At least for me. Your experience may obviously be different than my own.
In fairness, it should probably be pointed out to you at this point that elmex is a strong proponent of the "ion and volt are the only discs you need to bag" school.

He's quite serious, it seems, but it has also become a bit of a running joke among the practicing GYROnauts on this forum.

(Not to put words in elmex's mouth. If this is an unfair characterization, I'll happily stand corrected.)

Old 02-06-2019, 02:22 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 86
Niced 98 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
In fairness, it should probably be pointed out to you at this point that elmex is a strong proponent of the "ion and volt are the only discs you need to bag" school.

He's quite serious, it seems, but it has also become a bit of a running joke among the practicing GYROnauts on this forum.

(Not to put words in elmex's mouth. If this is an unfair characterization, I'll happily stand corrected.)
I see. I shall consider myself notified.

Closed Thread