Old 04-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 550 Times in 354 Posts

Sounds like some more recent runs of these could fill the somewhat hard to come by "massive HSS, mellow LSS, faster than a Rhyno" slot
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 525 Times in 300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Sounds like some more recent runs of these could fill the somewhat hard to come by "massive HSS, mellow LSS, faster than a Rhyno" slot
I only have the Proto Star rat and love it but it doesn’t really have a place in my bag. It’s very much like a soft neutron or plasma Envy which I took out a while ago. I’m not sure it would be my first choice for many of the shots it would cover.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 50.1
Courses Played: 4
Niced 168 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
That sounds good. Now if they would run it in dx or xt, I would try one.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 61
Niced 264 Times in 158 Posts

I picked up a Rat because I thought it would be a slow, stable disc with a lot of fade at the end. Mine never seemed to have the fade I wanted though, and now I throw a Caiman instead. I liked how the Rat flew, but it wasn't what I thought it would be.

Are the Shimmer Star Rats more OS? I'd like to try it again since I really like the feel in my hand.

And I'd definitely pick up another in XT.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Niced 896 Times in 398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
Are the Shimmer Star Rats more OS?
yes, but only barely.
I don't think it the tiny bit of added stability will satisfy you.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-11-2019, 06:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 28
Niced 42 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
I picked up a Rat because I thought it would be a slow, stable disc with a lot of fade at the end. Mine never seemed to have the fade I wanted though, and now I throw a Caiman instead. I liked how the Rat flew, but it wasn't what I thought it would be.

Are the Shimmer Star Rats more OS? I'd like to try it again since I really like the feel in my hand.

And I'd definitely pick up another in XT.
I had the same problem with the Rat that I tried out. It just wouldn’t get the fade I was looking for. Bought a Zone and never looked back.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 276 Times in 160 Posts

I'm backhand dominant and rarely throw sidearm unless I am scrambling or throwing a forehand up. I've been using berg/zone/mortars for this slot. I recently got a jawbreaker zone hoping that it would be less stable and maybe take a little less power for longer forehand upshots. Out of the box it ended up being more stable than expected. I could continue to beat it up and see how it seasons. However I just started thinking that throwing all these OS molds exclusively for my forehand probably isn't great for my form.

Now I'm starting to look at similar discs that are slightly less stable. I was going to start bagging a suspect but since its OOP I don't want to. Thinking about picking up another rat to try out for this use or just working exclusively on backhand upshots.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 74
Niced 149 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I'm backhand dominant and rarely throw sidearm unless I am scrambling or throwing a forehand up. I've been using berg/zone/mortars for this slot. I recently got a jawbreaker zone hoping that it would be less stable and maybe take a little less power for longer forehand upshots. Out of the box it ended up being more stable than expected. I could continue to beat it up and see how it seasons. However I just started thinking that throwing all these OS molds exclusively for my forehand probably isn't great for my form.

Now I'm starting to look at similar discs that are slightly less stable. I was going to start bagging a suspect but since its OOP I don't want to. Thinking about picking up another rat to try out for this use or just working exclusively on backhand upshots.
I mean you could get a rat and use it. Or just smack that zone into a few trees hard and it will be less stable. The zone also is easier to throw forehand because it is shallower.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:31 AM
Par Member

Niced 71 Times in 40 Posts

Too bad the Suspect goes OOp, because it's the best for this slot. The Rat has a sharper edge, so for me it didn't feel comfortable - for flicks atleast.

Last edited by Spectacledbear; 06-18-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 26.7
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 392 Times in 172 Posts

Anyone throwing all the different runs of the rat? Put one of my color glows in a Kansas swamp and I don’t trust what Was living in there to wade in. The color glow run was my favorite release of a disc in a long time. They seem to be hard to find though. Looking to find the next best thing.