Old 10-19-2019, 12:23 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 664 Times in 338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerandhoney View Post
Someone who hates trans people.
That's intellectually dishonest and you are fully aware of it.
I think your original statement is called a 'dog whistle'.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2019, 01:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.9
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,087 Times in 412 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
I agree on the hyperbole statement. Nor is the WWII reference. I used both, in order to get the point across of how wrong it is to advocate (as not one of the affected people) for a "division for people like them"

I disagree on the 'groups of people'.
There's pleasantly few people who dislike "children to the point of wanting to off them all", "children" are not a typical "target of hate". The same goes for "concert goers", "fitness enthusiasts", and so on.
Transgender people are a marginalised, discriminated, ostracised group of people.
Radical whites hate blacks same as radical blacks hate whites. Radical Muslims hate Christians same as radical Christians hate Muslims. Then add the Jewish population and what they've gone thru.

Sorry, your group is not unique or special, they're just another group radical people will hate on.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-19-2019, 01:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 161 Times in 73 Posts

I am not using dog whistles, I am not being dishonest. You don't know what the reason is behind me typing what I typed.

Obviously, you got triggered by what I replied, but I am not here to trigger; I am here do de-escalate.
Remember the original reason why this topic got insurrected?

Anyway, you posted your link in response to me sending a link to list of transgender people (regardless of skin colour, religion, political affiliation) for exactly that, being transgender.

I saw the article/video link that you posted, first of all, it was filed under "political", and the topic was all about someone who supports a Democrat shooting at Republicans. BECAUSE of them being Republicans. How can that NOT be political?

As far as politics go, I am not American, I do not live or vote in the US, and the political party that I adhere to back home is NOT affiliated (legally, ideologically, or otherwise) to ANY of the USA parties and what they stand for.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-19-2019, 01:49 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Radical whites hate blacks same as radical blacks hate whites. Radical Muslims hate Christians same as radical Christians hate Muslims. Then add the Jewish population and what they've gone thru.

Sorry, your group is not unique or special, they're just another group radical people will hate on.
No one (certainly not me) said transgender people are unique or special.
No one (certainly not me) calls them radical.
I am just tryiong to get it to people's minds that officially segregating transgender people to a separate meadow for them to graze is violating all sorts of anti-discrimination laws; AND that it invites radical people to do radical things against transgender people rather easily.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:53 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,190 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
I am not here to trigger; I am here do de-escalate.
Ummm....

Smigles mentioned maybe having trans individuals play in their own division, then you responded by saying something about them being mowed down like cattle in the slaughterhouse. I get it. It's hard to control our emotions when the subject matter is so personal.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:30 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 664 Times in 338 Posts

Quote:
I am not using dog whistles, I am not being dishonest. You don't know what the reason is behind me typing what I typed.

Obviously, you got triggered by what I replied, but I am not here to trigger; I am here do de-escalate.
Remember the original reason why this topic got insurrected?

Anyway, you posted your link in response to me sending a link to list of transgender people (regardless of skin colour, religion, political affiliation) for exactly that, being transgender.

I saw the article/video link that you posted, first of all, it was filed under "political", and the topic was all about someone who supports a Democrat shooting at Republicans. BECAUSE of them being Republicans. How can that NOT be political?

As far as politics go, I am not American, I do not live or vote in the US, and the political party that I adhere to back home is NOT affiliated (legally, ideologically, or otherwise) to ANY of the USA parties and what they stand for.
Double wow.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:56 PM
Par Member

Do you care to try and find out how many times I have argued against the "trans people should just play in their own division" in this topic and the other (I know of about 70 different ones on the topic of me having won AmWorlds)?
Do you know what that has brought to the discussion? Zilch, Nada. Nothing.

Then, today, clearly stating
Quote:
The clearest (yes, I'm going there) example of how wrong that is
I am aware it's hyperbole, but I bring up the example we ALL (ok, not ALL, ALL except Holocaust and Camp deniers) are aware of how inherently WRONG it is.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:06 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 133
Niced 757 Times in 399 Posts

I mean, people do shoot people they don't like...

but there is a thread in Politics for that, so I ask that this be asked and answered and we move on. Thank you for understanding.

Old 10-29-2019, 12:46 PM
Par Member

I just played my last weekend tournament.
Won FPO, yay for being in a division all by myself :/

We all played the same layout. I did not beat anyone higher rated, but got overtaken by a few lower/not rated players.

When the 3rd round was over, I got my biggest victory. And shared the spoils equally.

The other woman in the tournament, in FA1, liked the idea of me giving her some pointers on technique, aim, and mental game.
And so we did, while the others watched the MPO final 9.

When we were done with the private clinic, and I headed to HQ to do TD chores, she played a few more holes with her partner, and he was flabbergasted at the effect that 30 minutes clinic had.

#girlpower #growthesport #girlshelpinggirls

Niced: (2)